Recon Illuminated Door Sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcj020

Reaction score
These just arrived today. They don't fit very well on the scab. The diamond textured sill makes them stick up about a half inch. I'm curious as to how the op got them to fit so well. Maybe grinding down diamond texture where they go will work I'm just a little hesitant to ruin them.

Don't be so hesitant, once you get all of the screws in and lined up correctly, you shouldn't have a problem at all. At first it looks tacky (I'm a perfectionist so it did drive me a little bit insane as well) but you get used to it! I haven't had a single issue with getting caught up on them or them popping up on me or it getting hung up on the door at all. I think RECON could have done a much better job and come up with a better way, but they were just looking to make a quick buck. It worked on me, but they look badass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They sit up so high the door rubs them. Ill figure something out. I'm gonna need to modify the factory plastic in some way. Ill post when I get it sorted

rou2boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope Recon has some of their guys on here who might read this thread and alter their designs. Thanks guys so much for this information :)!
Lou

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So $258 for the sills and $68 for a replacement scuff plate and I've learned my lesson I will never buy from recon again. It looks like they will fit on the screw but on the scab it just ain't happening. My phone won't let me upload pics. At first I thought it was just the diamond pattern not letting the sill set down on the scuff plate so i ground them all off with a flapper wheel.the sills are not flat they have a 1/4 step under them that houses the electronics. This step will not allow the sill to set flat on the scuff plate causing an unsightly gap and door contact the only solution I can see would be to get longer screws and go through the scuff plate into the body to pull the edges of the sill plate down. I'm not gonna do that, so the project is kaput. Damn I hate defeat.

bcj020

Reaction score
So $258 for the sills and $68 for a replacement scuff plate and I've learned my lesson I will never buy from recon again. It looks like they will fit on the screw but on the scab it just ain't happening. My phone won't let me upload pics. At first I thought it was just the diamond pattern not letting the sill set down on the scuff plate so i ground them all off with a flapper wheel.the sills are not flat they have a 1/4 step under them that houses the electronics. This step will not allow the sill to set flat on the scuff plate causing an unsightly gap and door contact the only solution I can see would be to get longer screws and go through the scuff plate into the body to pull the edges of the sill plate down. I'm not gonna do that, so the project is kaput. Damn I hate defeat.

Mine seemed to have worked just fine...no door drag or problems ******** them into the scuff plate. Another option would be to cut a hole out of the scuff plate using a jigsaw so that the 1/4 inch that you are referring to slides into the hole of the scuff plate. This will ensure a better seating into the scuff plate and allow a better fit for the screws...just another suggestion. Are they perfect? Absolutely not, but what of RECON's is? I'm not a huge fan of their vague directions or some of their cheapo products myself, but they do have SOME nice stuff from time to time. It takes a bit of an imagination and some patience with some of their products, but the end product is usually worth it in my mind...I believe my previous pics speak for themselves and I've gotten a TON of compliments on my door sills as well as my RECON tail lights and 3rd brake light. Of course, these are just my opinions and everybody is entitled to at least that much...

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine seemed to have worked just fine...no door drag or problems ******** them into the scuff plate. Another option would be to cut a hole out of the scuff plate using a jigsaw so that the 1/4 inch that you are referring to slides into the hole of the scuff plate. This will ensure a better seating into the scuff plate and allow a better fit for the screws...just another suggestion. Are they perfect? Absolutely not, but what of RECON's is? I'm not a huge fan of their vague directions or some of their cheapo products myself, but they do have SOME nice stuff from time to time. It takes a bit of an imagination and some patience with some of their products, but the end product is usually worth it in my mind...I believe my previous pics speak for themselves and I've gotten a TON of compliments on my door sills as well as my RECON tail lights and 3rd brake light. Of course, these are just my opinions and everybody is entitled to at least that much...

The screw uses a different scuff plate. I've seen your pics and they do look good. I thought about cutting the center out however the body clips are located in that region. I do think the sills are very nice they look great they just don't fit. Im going to use one of them as an accent on the box for my powertrax pro in the bed. Should look pretty good.

bcj020

Reaction score
The screw uses a different scuff plate. I've seen your pics and they do look good. I thought about cutting the center out however the body clips are located in that region. I do think the sills are very nice they look great they just don't fit. Im going to use one of them as an accent on the box for my powertrax pro in the bed. Should look pretty good.

I would like to see pics of that whenever you get it installed and get a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk