Recommended shop/supplier for new windshield in Utah

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

venraptav

Reaction score
Took my 2017 802A into Safelite this morning to have a rock chip repaired. Tech came out and told me he found an additional chip and he’d fix that one as well. 30 minutes later came back and handed me the keys and took payment. Walked out to the truck and hopped in to find a 2” long crack running through the small chip I didn’t know was there. Went back inside to ask him WTF and he said the chip was so small he had to “impact” it in order to make it big enough to receive the resin. I asked him if the resulting crack also had resin in it and he said no. Asked him if it was going to get bigger and he said it shouldn’t because he applied hand pressure on it and it didn’t spider out..

I told him it looked like shit and I was amazed he didn’t even mention any of this to me and if it could be repaired or if my only option was to replace the windshield at this point. He said replacement was the only option.

So, needless to say I’m looking for recommendations from any locals in the SLC area or suggestions if there’s another chain windshield shop anyone could recommend. I know it has a specific windshield that is compatible with the cameras behind the mirror for the lane keep assist. Anything else I need to keep in mind?

I called my local dealer to see if they could take care of the replacement and they said they don’t handle that in house. They will recalibrate my lane keep camera after the replacement, however.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.