Recommendations for inexpensive LED foglights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joetech2000

Reaction score
Hello Everybody

I am new to this forum and I really would appreciate some help. I just got a black super with the standard allow wheels. I am looking to get some LED fogs. The prices vary so much. I’ve seen some pretty decent made for gen 2 raptor leds for $90 on the auction site that look tempting.

Do any of you have experience or recommendations for inexpensive DIY lights?

Thanks

joe

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@joetech2000

Hey Joe!

We definitely offer a very wide array of LED lights. If you're looking for a lesser expensive LED lighting setup we recommend the Rough Country brand. Rough Country offers an entire triple fog light kit with 3 pairs of lights, wiring, hardware and mounting brackets for $299.95. They also offer a 30" behind the grille kit with the 30" LED light bar, mounts and wiring for $249.95. And both are back by a 3 year warranty. That's pretty hard to beat!

Now there are definitely a lot better brands out there that produce a lot more light output and are backed by a lot longer warranty. But with improved quality, increased brightness and a significant bump in warranty comes increased cost.

We keep these Rough Country setups in stock along with a lot of other options as well. Let us know if we can get you hooked up with some lights.

PH: 888-466-8991

Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

bIxAszs.jpg

JppIjDm.jpg

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great option for many. The 3 pack of fog lights.. are they all the same wide pattern, or are some narrower, others wider?

The behind grill light - nice and stealth. That is all driving light and would imagine it would add reach to the stock high beams?

And totally get you get what you pay for re performance/warranty etc.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great option for many. The 3 pack of fog lights.. are they all the same wide pattern, or are some narrower, others wider?

The behind grill light - nice and stealth. That is all driving light and would imagine it would add reach to the stock high beams?

And totally get you get what you pay for re performance/warranty etc.

As you mentioned, for quite a few folks these kits are great. They fill the bumper void, look nice and put out some descent light.

Here's the exact specs on the Rough Country Fog Lights:
  • Each light contains 6, 3 watt high intensity Cree LEDs
  • 8640 lumens (total)
  • 108 watts (total)
  • 30 degree spot beam
  • IP67 Waterproof rating
  • Black panel design
  • Durable die cast aluminum housing
  • Moisture Breather technology reduces moisture build-up behind the lens
  • Includes premium, flat-wound wiring harness with on/off switch
  • Features a 3-year Warranty

The 30" behind the grill kit is as follows:

• Contains 30, 5 watt High Intensity CREE LEDs
  • 12000 lumens
  • 150 watts
  • 30 degree spot beam
  • IP67 Waterproof rating
  • Black panel design
  • Noise Silencers eliminate hum, whistle, and other wind noises associated with mounted LED Light bars

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you mentioned, for quite a few folks these kits are great. They fill the bumper void, look nice and put out some descent light.

Here's the exact specs on the Rough Country Fog Lights:
  • Each light contains 6, 3 watt high intensity Cree LEDs
  • 8640 lumens (total)
  • 108 watts (total)
  • 30 degree spot beam
  • IP67 Waterproof rating
  • Black panel design

The 30" behind the grill kit is as follows:

• Contains 30, 5 watt High Intensity CREE LEDs
  • 12000 lumens
  • 150 watts
  • 30 degree spot beam
  • IP67 Waterproof rating
  • Black panel design
  • Noise Silencers eliminate hum, whistle, and other wind noises associated with mounted LED Light bars

Very helpful, as usual. Thanks.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Everybody

I am new to this forum and I really would appreciate some help. I just got a black super with the standard allow wheels. I am looking to get some LED fogs. The prices vary so much. I’ve seen some pretty decent made for gen 2 raptor leds for $90 on the auction site that look tempting.

Do any of you have experience or recommendations for inexpensive DIY lights?

Thanks

joe

Since this is in a public forum, and not a specific vendor's, I'll toss my 3.5 cents in. I would recommend purchasing for more than aesthetics, unless your hobby is R&I'ing defective parts.

Probably the top 2 vendors, Baja Designes and Rigid, both have their own merits, BD will be more expensive, I have lights from them that I've had in service for over 7 years, no problems, and that is with Ohio winters, as they were on my DD F150, Rigid makes some decent stuff too, the cheap stuff..... I would steer clear of, they usually take in more water than the Titanic, diodes go bad, etc. IMO, it's not worth the aggravation of having to try to get warranty repair, or buy new then redo the job, BD or Rigid, one and done, just that simple.

Look at threads of people having issues with equipment, you won't see those 2 names listed for reoccurring issues....just saying...

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since this is in a public forum, and not a specific vendor's, I'll toss my 3.5 cents in. I would recommend purchasing for more than aesthetics, unless your hobby is R&I'ing defective parts.

Probably the top 2 vendors, Baja Designes and Rigid, both have their own merits, BD will be more expensive, I have lights from them that I've had in service for over 7 years, no problems, and that is with Ohio winters, as they were on my DD F150, Rigid makes some decent stuff too, the cheap stuff..... I would steer clear of, they usually take in more water than the Titanic, diodes go bad, etc. IMO, it's not worth the aggravation of having to try to get warranty repair, or buy new then redo the job, BD or Rigid, one and done, just that simple.

Look at threads of people having issues with equipment, you won't see those 2 names listed for reoccurring issues....just saying...

Really good points here. I didn't think there was as much of a difference in quality and reliability as there is. Before I pull the trigger on some expensive lights...I've been learning and asking around. And what you say here is 100% spot on.

If it is some 'extra' light you don't care whether it works or not, buy junk and switch it out. If you don't mind rewiring it, same thing. If you just want it to work as intended, for a long period of time, buy once, cry once.

As a general rule, most of my tools and outdoor gear I now just buy quality. There are a few exceptions based on if something just gets killer ratings. Or if it is just an extra fluff piece of gear. But anything I rely on, no cheap stuff for me anymore. Man, life is just too short. I have gear I bought in the 80s that still serves me well. Other junk that had decent reviews but was cheaper that cacked out on me the last trip camping with the boy.

OP
OP
J

joetech2000

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for your input. I will see which configuration I want and purchase one based on that. As amReady pointed out, these are not my primary lights, just extras and so they don’t necessarily have to be a premium brand where I need to pay premium prices. Thanks again and here’s the obligatory first pic.

C8C6DA5B-CD8E-4349-8C22-B33739D387D2.jpeg

Everybody has a front or side pic—here’s a slightly different prospective!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you’re a stingy, penny pinching **** ( I have been accused of this myself ), you can make the mount for front fogs out of 2” angle aluminum. You need about 13-14 inches, and need to angle cut one end.

Mock up, drill, mount.

Pick up some lights.

Supporting vendors here will hook you up with lights that can turn night into day and burn a ‘**** naked at 100m.

If you aren’t looking to drop 4 digits, make your own mount and spend the money on good lights for the outboard. Pick up some B/D SAE’s to start.

Wait for the inevitable black Friday sales and add in another set of B/D squadron pro combo. Repeat next year. Even though they don’t offer easy financing, some of our guys take PayPal - and PayPal credit has 0% interest if you pay in 6 months.

Easy peasey.

I keep Lucille pointed toward the neighbor’s house across the road and they’ve commented that when I remote start their house warms a few degrees ...

:)