Recommendations for Bump Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be replacing my stock 14 for a 19. I have started taking it off-road and will be/have been doing some mild jumping. I am looking at the SVC adjustable bump stop kit. I like the adjustable feature as I may eventually buy a small travel trailer. I am open to any other recommendations/manufacturers? Also, they recommend the 2.5, but also offer the King or fox 3.0 bumps, Thoughts?

I will be by their shop later this week since they are located a couple of miles away from our California plant.

Also, I plan on going to a couple of TRR events each year and will hit the local TexPlex Park when they allow trucks. Are deaver’s going to much? Thoughts on this package?

https://www.svcoffroad.com/product-page/stage-1-starter-kit

Of course we will have to see if the live shocks
introduce any hurdles. I am not looking at replacing those. Thanks

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my SVC bump kit - I went with the Fox IFP 2.0 as recommended by Jeff of SVC. I also went with +2 deaver rear springs - they transform the way the truck rides in the best possible way. The OEM leafs are horrible.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No complaints here on the SVC bumps with Fox IFP.

Deavers are significantly better than stock, only regret is not adding them sooner!

Take a look at the camburg shackles might as well do them at the same time.

b36b63cb86839e1aeafc2fb526f4a27a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No complaints with my RPG bump stops and 2.5" Fox. I like the way they mount on top of the frame, but they are both good choices.

Attachments

• IMG_3475.jpg
    IMG_3475.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 80

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the SVC kit with the 2.0" IFP bumps and +3 Deavers along with 2" longer SDHQ shackles....all sitting in my shop..
Going to try to get it installed this weekend...if so will be glad to provide some feedback.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the SVC kit with the 2.0" IFP bumps and +3 Deavers along with 2" longer SDHQ shackles....all sitting in my shop..
Going to try to get it installed this weekend...if so will be glad to provide some feedback.

Make sure you get the middle bump brace up before installing the other side! Don’t ask me how I know!!!!

Buy a large stepper bit to expand the oem hole on the u bolt cups.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make sure you get the middle bump brace up before installing the other side! Don’t ask me how I know!!!!

That's funnier then you know...I've watched the install video on SVC's website several times and during the first I thought to my self "why aren't they installing all 3 pieces loosely first and then tighten up the one side, snug up the cross brace, and only then tighten up the other side piece?"
Old school...everything in place before tightening anything...

What "cups" are you talking about opening up?....Are you talking about the bottom "U" bolt plate?

Thanks

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funnier then you know...I've watched the install video on SVC's website several times and during the first I thought to my self "why aren't they installing all 3 pieces loosely first and then tighten up the one side, snug up the cross brace, and only then tighten up the other side piece?"
Old school...everything in place before tightening anything...

What "cups" are you talking about opening up?....Are you talking about the bottom "U" bolt plate?

Thanks

Lol yeah the exhaust is fun to navigate from underneath so much easier with no bed!! luckily I was able to locate the SVC nuts inside the frame by bending the included wrench but added at least 30 min to my install[emoji51]

Yes sir the stock U bolt plate.

Last edited: