Recommendation - Roadtrippin' Tire Pressure 35"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read many thoughts here about tire pressure for highway driving. Heading out for 12-hour road trip and curious if there's best handling/ride/comfort tire psi recommendation to try.
33.5 in the front, 32 in the rear cold is what i use. As the tires warm up you'll see ~36 in the front and ~34 in the rear depending on ambient temperature

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The right pressure depends on load. If you're running at GVWR, go with the 38psi. If it's less, lower the pressure so that the tire tread sits flat on the ground. Empty, that means more pressure in front.

engineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tire pressures have been at 40-42psi (depending on temperature) since I picked it up from the dealer. Guess I should decrease that.

I left it as-is because I ran 40-41 with KO2s on my previous Range Rover Sport and several chalk tests showed that was a good pressure. Will have to redo the chalk tests on the Raptor.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Interstate mileage disposal is a bit different from around town which is different from various off roading.

If you’re just road tripping with a significant load, then up the pressure in those KO2’s. Especially if you’re going to be all ahead 3/4ths or more.

When I moved to TX I loaded up 700+ pounds of ammo in the truck, plus another 200 pounds of title 2 stuff, Henry Tudor’s furry be-hind and we hit the road at 37F / 36R

Scored a mathematically confirmed 17.1 mpg even including the section of I10 from Louisiana to Houston where speeds were 90+ and past Houston for about 2 hours where it was 80-85+.

handling, comfort, compliance, road manners were all as expected.

Now, with no cargo and only a short few bursts of high speed I’d have dropped to about 35/33 cold.

YMMV

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Interstate mileage disposal is a bit different from around town which is different from various off roading.

If you’re just road tripping with a significant load, then up the pressure in those KO2’s. Especially if you’re going to be all ahead 3/4ths or more.

When I moved to TX I loaded up 700+ pounds of ammo in the truck, plus another 200 pounds of title 2 stuff, Henry Tudor’s furry be-hind and we hit the road at 37F / 36R

Scored a mathematically confirmed 17.1 mpg even including the section of I10 from Louisiana to Houston where speeds were 90+ and past Houston for about 2 hours where it was 80-85+.

handling, comfort, compliance, road manners were all as expected.

Now, with no cargo and only a short few bursts of high speed I’d have dropped to about 35/33 cold.

YMMV
What the FuxkEVER Mr Braaaaagggeeerrrrrrr!! :biggun::deal::gathering:
OHHHH I HAVE 700 pounds of Ammo!?!?
Meanwhile….Back at the Ranch, I had to Max out BUNMAN Adventures Bank account to get some gas and a 50 round box of 125gr, JHP Gold Dot (LVMPD SPECS) …
Can you help a brother out with a few hundred rounds of 9-practice Ammo?

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘19 has 55,000 miles and I do a lot of highway driving. Running stock KO2’s at 36 front and 32 rear cold. Rotate at about 8,000 and they were really well. First set had 9/32 when changed out at 42,000. Got new wheels and went ahead and got new tires also. Live in Florida Panhandle for reference on temperatures. Just my experience.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What the FuxkEVER Mr Braaaaagggeeerrrrrrr!! :biggun::deal::gathering:
OHHHH I HAVE 700 pounds of Ammo!?!?
Meanwhile….Back at the Ranch, I had to Max out BUNMAN Adventures Bank account to get some gas and a 50 round box of 125gr, JHP Gold Dot (LVMPD SPECS) …
Can you help a brother out with a few hundred rounds of 9-practice Ammo

LOL. That was what I transported in the Rap. The rest was split between a car, SUV, and a massive truck shipment. The movers took my components minus the HAZMAT.