Recommend me a good first aid kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoopaloop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this is the right sub forum.

I'm looking to buy a kit to throw in my truck for emergencies. It has to be fairly small (let's just say the size of a backpack) and I'm looking to spend ~$200. What should I look for in a kit as far as contents?
Thanks

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The adventure medical kits expedition kit is a good start in your price range.

4343c117567bde1ddd3294dcdbd7cea9.jpg

3d77baa73c69983028f5bf6885482e60.jpg

158934d7bbbc91110261a3a3d71f74e8.jpg

FYI you can buy first aid kits with you hsa funds if you have an account.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For $200, you can build a badass one.

I keep:

Quick clot
Israeli Bandage
Splint
Tourniquet
Scissors
Scalpel
Nasopharyngeal tube
Lots of different bandages
Lots of different pads
iodine or alcohol wipes
aspirin

If this is for your truck, your main goal is stop bleeding and provide breathing. A top-rated surplus IFAK will do the trick and is small.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Also don't get fooled by the item count. No one needs a $200 200 item first aid kit with one large 6 x 6 pad, and 199 small bandaids.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
X2 on Adventure medical.

But I have built my own as well.

Normal stuff plus.
Clotting sponges
Surgical Super Glue
Sutures
EpiPen
Scapel
Lots of Imodium (Mexico)
Bunch of other stuff I can't think of.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If carrying Epi-Pens or other medications, make sure you look at the expiration date periodically. Epi-Pens typically have an 18-month shelf life. Other medicines such as Tylenol and Advil can last several years before they lose their medicinal qualities.

Also, if you keep an Epi-Pen in your kit, make sure you don't leave it in the heat, cold or in direct sunlight for very long. Epinephrine oxidizes in extreme temperatures and becomes ineffective. I usually keep my Epi-Pens in my medicine cabinet and take them with me on vacations or excursions. I don't leave them in my first aid kit.

Something I recently learned is that heat also affects the elasticity and adhesive quality of band-aids and surgical tape. I'm considering just removing the first aid kit altogether from my truck and only taking it with me when travelling long distances or on vacations, camping, etc.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The best first-aid kit is the one you build.

Pre-packed kits will give you a range of stuff, but usually never enough of smaller items like standard bandaids.

I have severeal of the ITS tactical kits laying around, but those are more designed for blowouts and more complex injuries.

Best suggestion is to put your own together.

Stock more gauze and tape, takes up less space and can be used to make several bandaids.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a stomp II medical Kit. I would only recommend it if you have an advanced level of medical training. I have also swapped a bunch of stuff out and added some things but it is a great base kit. It's not small by any means though. Two separate layers that zip open and then two smaller bags inside to allow for a quick grab bag of the necessities.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436209511.845924.jpg

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg