Recommend first mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being a 2023, you may or may not have success with enabling "glare free" headlights with FORSCAN, which if you're doing lots of highway miles (presumably some at night), it's a must try, just to see. My truck is a 2022 built after the cutoff date and it works. I think there's late model trucks that still work.

Outside of that, I find the audio good enough for my older ears, the ride on 37's is great, and outside of the RIGID 360's, triple Scene (front), and SR-L (rear) from @Specialtyperformanceparts to give me added visibility when I'm needing it - I don't see much more needing to be done in my particular use case.

I'd love a tune, though I have a 120/100k warranty that I'd wish to keep. I'd like some wheels/tires eventually, maybe down the road.

These trucks are your oyster - basically anything and everything you want to do can be done!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Bump stops? What's up with the stockers? I'm curious about this particular for towing...

It helps slow down the axle before getting into your frame and possibly bending it or give you a weird rebound kick. The stock bumps don't really work well for anything outside of pavement. Should be the first mod for any Raptor, then recovery gear and lights.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
It helps slow down the axle before getting into your frame and possibly bending it or give you a weird rebound kick. The stock bumps don't really work well for anything outside of pavement. Should be the first mod for any Raptor, then recovery gear and lights.

Make sense. I went and looked at the bump stops and they definitely didn't look like they would be effective in stopping a good rebound. However, that bump stop you linked seems excessive if you're not a baja champion. Is there another thread on some alternatives?

I have quality recovery gear (but no winch yet).

And what do you recommend for lights - maybe point me to a thread?

Thanks man!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Make sense. I went and looked at the bump stops and they definitely didn't look like they would be effective in stopping a good rebound. However, that bump stop you linked seems excessive if you're not a baja champion. Is there another thread on some alternatives?

I have quality recovery gear (but no winch yet).

And what do you recommend for lights - maybe point me to a thread?

Thanks man!

You don't necessarily need a wrench, unless a lot of rock crawling. The bump stops are needed even if not high speed desert running. I mean, Raptor is basically a trophy truck.

Some type of lights out the gate are good, not necessarily the big ones. Our headlights are trash so some good lighting is in order. Baja Design makes good lights. John at https://specialtyperformanceparts.com/ makes good harness.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
You don't necessarily need a wrench, unless a lot of rock crawling. The bump stops are needed even if not high speed desert running. I mean, Raptor is basically a trophy truck.

Some type of lights out the gate are good, not necessarily the big ones. Our headlights are trash so some good lighting is in order. Baja Design makes good lights. John at https://specialtyperformanceparts.com/ makes good harness.

Thanks man, appreciate all your help. I did do a search for bump stops on this forum but didn't come up with a lot outside of the SVC's, haha. But I like the idea of these ones, though I would think they would restrict the 15" of rear travel these have: https://www.levelupsuspension.com/products/timbren-suspension-enhancement-system-21-raptor