Recomendation for plugs, wires and coils please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atp160

Reaction score
Hello All,
Bought another Raptor. 2013 with a 180,000 for 15K. Looked at the other forums containing information about coil changes, spark plug change. Nothing on plug wires and where everyone buys wires, plugs and coils. Thank you for your help.

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RockAuto has best prices for Motorcraft ignition coils and wires. I'm going to replace my plugs, ignition wires and coils as soon as I get my 5% discount code from RockAuto, haha. I haven't ordered from them in a while, so just ordered two small things to get my code, this will save me about $28. I'm going to try E3 spark plugs, DENSO ignition coils (they are OEM manufacturer) and Motorcraft wires. I also bought from wirecare.com their T6F - 3/8" Aluminized Fiberglass Semi-Rigid Split Tubing to cover/protect wires, as I'm running headers. These come in 4 foot lengths, so one cut in half will cover two wires, each wire is about 22" long.
Here is what I'm getting from RockAuto.
rockauto ign.JPG

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
atp160, That sounds like a good buy on the 13 miles are a bit high but if it has been maintained you should be in good shape.

DodongRaptor

Reaction score
Team,

I am looking at replacing my spark plugs and wires very soon.
I plan to use NGK Iridium IX LTR7IX-11 (Part # 6510).
Will replace air filter with WIX as well.

I have been reading on what others use for spark plug wires and it seems that MotorCraft is mostly used.
Has someone used other brands that might be better than MotorCraft?
NGK, DENSO, MSD, etc. that are pre-cut to factory length maybe?

Please advice.

Thank You.