Received Raptor R information from the dealer I bought my 37 from.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a Shelby F150 with the 5.0 and the Whipple supercharger. I averaged 14.5 mpg daily driving. It was running 755 hp. The 5.2 is a different animal, but thought I'd throw some hope of 10+ mpg your way.
Add 37” tires and 4.10 gears to that Shelby F150 and it would be a different story. The Shelby F150 front end is moderately aerodynamic as far as trucks are concerned, especially compared to a Raptor.

Non-Sense

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen the GT500 gets around 10mpg mixed averaging various YouTube channels, long term reviews and articles. The R would have to make more than 707hp but would also need different camshaft profiles and tuning to make this viable. Ultimately an off road truck that goes 0-60 in 4 seconds is just neat, it doesn't mean that the intended use will improve.

I just want Ford to do a 7.0+L Boss mustang. I would pay ADM and sing praises. Yeah I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning after winning the lotto but we can all dream right?
You are correct, about 10-13 is what I get. Although on a cross country trip with it, I did manage to get over 19, but it was pretty much in 7th gear the whole time. I would guess this engine on a Raptor would get realistically 6-7 mpg and it can only take premium fuel. Ouch!

Mars911red

Reaction score
I would put a deposit down and get it in writing what you will be getting it for. it can't hurt and it will hopefully lock it in.