Received my preview order. Does this mean I have an allocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polarraptor

Reaction score
Received my preview order and signed after putting a $500 deposit. I'm new to this and was wondering if this means my allocation is confirmed and there will be no additional dealer markups. I've seen some threads mention the priority code starting at 10 having most priority. I'm at 15 so I hope that means I have a good shot at a quick build.

Attachments

• IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 105

Raptor 99

Reaction score
I received an acknowledgement from Ford 10 days after I ordered on 12/13/21. Received a be patient email from Ford about 2 months latter, then nothing till 2 weeks ago when I received a production notice from Ford with a VIN # and a production date of 8/22. My dealer received a notice the truck will arrive the first week in October.

Wallybosch

Reaction score
So you received the order confirmation email from Ford? The image you are showing is the dealer order.
I placed my order on October 5 and didn’t get a Ford confirmation email until November 15.
The best thing is to sit back wait and don’t even think about your new truck for 6-12 months!

Reaction score
Emails and order previews don’t mean anything.

Every dealer, allocations or not can create an order.

Until you have a vin you don’t have anything meaningful.

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
For another example, I placed an order on 2/28 and received a Ford confirmation email the next day. I received my VIN and production schedule in mid June. My production date was subsequently moved from 8/22 to 8/1. Truck was supposed built on 8/3, however, it is now stuck in chip hold and Ford estimates the build to be finished between 8/25 and 9/2. Then, on to the challenge of actually getting the truck on a train and shipped down to Texas.

OP
OP
P

polarraptor

Reaction score
So you received the order confirmation email from Ford? The image you are showing is the dealer order.
I placed my order on October 5 and didn’t get a Ford confirmation email until November 15.
The best thing is to sit back wait and don’t even think about your new truck for 6-12 months!
I’m not sure to be honest. They just sent me this form to sign to send in the order.

OP
OP
P

polarraptor

Reaction score
For another example, I placed an order on 2/28 and received a Ford confirmation email the next day. I received my VIN and production schedule in mid June. My production date was subsequently moved from 8/22 to 8/1. Truck was supposed built on 8/3, however, it is now stuck in chip hold and Ford estimates the build to be finished between 8/25 and 9/2. Then, on to the challenge of actually getting the truck on a train and shipped down to Texas
I received an acknowledgement from Ford 10 days after I ordered on 12/13/21. Received a be patient email from Ford about 2 months latter, then nothing till 2 weeks ago when I received a production notice from Ford with a VIN # and a production date of 8/22. My dealer received a notice the truck will arrive the first week in October.
Dang that is a long while. I don’t mind a 6 month wait. Gives me time to save for a bigger down payment

scottp6188

Reaction score
I'm in the same exact boat as OP, I spoke with a dealer for MSRP and am going to order it this weekend. If its 8-12 months until I get it no big deal I have a car now and can have most of it paid off before it comes in.