Rec'd/Installed Projectors today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 2013 OEM hid's w/ EvoX 50w upgrade, gray bezel, and SVT cutout today. Was very pleased with the quality of work done by Dawson. The harness is well put together and the headlights thus far are flawless. Very quick install, especially with the help of the videos in the FAQ section on Dawson's website. Only part that didn't go exactly as planned is with the new suggested controller mounting location if you follow the video and run the wires under the subframe then the wires are almost too short. A little manipulation made it work though. Now that it is dark will be testing them out on a drive and adjusting them if need be. They look a million times better than the halogens did on my 2012.

I also purchased a tinted 3rd brake light. Looks great during the day. As it got darker I noticed that when the lights (not LEDs) are illuminated the letters on the lens stand out and are brighter. I imagine this is from the sanding process and them being raised. Not sure what you could even do to avoid that, but is my only critique, which means I'm pretty happy if that's my biggest concern!

Overall I am extremely satisfied and can't wait to put the lights to actual use. Thank you again Dawson!

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
Plan B

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The light output on these is amazing! Still trying to figure out if I am blinding people, haha!

I assume it is, but is it normal for the lights to flicker when they are just turned on and warming up? The HIDs on my SRT4 get brighter as they warm up, but don't flicker. Just want to make sure I don't have an insufficient ground or something...

OP
OP
Plan B

Plan B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Driver side fires for a split second and then cuts out. Double checked connections and grounds, everything looks good. Reading about several issues with the harnesses, may be the issue. Returning to stock so I can drive the truck. This is the 3rd or 4th time in 2 years I've had to pull everything apart. Last time had to pull apart the connectors and work with them. Looking into a new harness from TRS...

And how come Raptor Retrofit doesn't have a phone number on their website?!?!