Recaro Squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been going around and around with this for a year. Ford would do NOTHING for me at all. Even opened a case with Corp Ford. NOTHING. My drivers seat had springs popping when you push in the middle of the seat base…. AND the oh so common left bolster squeak. Tried the bending of the seat base. Didn’t work for mine.
Welllllll…… I ended up Replacing the seat base, outside of any warranty claim (thanks Ford ) Was great for one week. Then the bolster squeak started back. I’ve since taken the outer side cover off that houses the seat switches, and used squeak Felt tape on the upper edge that rubs against the leather seat cushion itself. Also taped all the mounting taps as a safety measure. Been a few weeks new. It’s been 100% squeak free thus far…… best 10.00 ever spent on Amazon. Now need to do the same to all the B pillar parts by the seat belts. And my Pano roof is rattling again….. plastic clips probably broke Again Built Ford Tough…… I think Not. Still LOVE my 2020 G2 overall though…..
Did you buy the truck used? It sounds like someone damaged the seat, and damage is not warrantable. As you mention, the bolster squeak is an easy fix with some felt tape.

As far as the the rattle from the pano roof, that is typically caused by a dry seal. It can be corrected by cleaning the seal with isopropyl alcohol and lubricating it with Krytox grease.