Recaro seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19perf-blue

Reaction score
F2A4C5F4-C6D4-4D21-B457-BCCEF2F7FE45.jpeg Help!!! Just thought delivery of a 2019 performance blue SCREW on Friday. On Saturday I was noticing that the leather seat cover didn’t seem to be fitting down inside the seat profile. The closer I looked at I the clips seem to be sewed on backwards and cannot clip onto the seat pan. Anyway because of this the bottom seat cushion just flops around.

Is this unique to the recaro seats? Am I just missing something? Is there a way I can reattach or get the clips clipped back on? Really didn’t want to take it back to the dealer for this.
Thanks

Matt Pearlman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 with recarro seats and I have the exact same issue. Not helping you out but I’m looking for the simplest solution as well.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Pics please, I have no idea what you mean. My 19 Recaros look spot on.

KYWraptor

Reaction score
Hey guys! Here are some pics of my loose Recaro seat cushions along with how I temporarily (or maybe permanently) fixed them.

Below is view from the front of passenger seat. You can see how the clip appears to be backward.

Pass Side Front.jpeg

Pic below is looking at the passenger seat from the passenger door.

Pass Side Door.jpeg

Below is the drivers seat - side nearest door.
How the clip was positioned from the factory.

Driver Side Door Orig.jpeg

Below is the same view as above, but in this view I have rolled the clip towards the seat. (clockwise direction)

Driver Side Door Step 2.jpeg

Same view again - rolled the clip once more (clockwise) and is now in the correct orientation to clip onto the seat.

Driver Side Door Step 3.jpeg

This is not very easy to stretch over seat and I have not got all sides completed as of yet, but it does appear this is how the cushion was meant to attach. I had already setup an appointment with my dealer next week to look at this, but not sure as of now if I will keep it. I'll let you know their response if I do. Hope these pics helped... and btw I'm new to the forum, but not to owning a Raptor. First gen 2 though.

Reaction score
I have a 2019 without the Recaro, but had the same issue I noticed within about one month of ownership. The clips are not wrong or backward, you just need to mess with stretching the bottom seat cover until you get it secured. Took me a few times to get it right, but after 6 months and 7000 miles, it’s still holding as it should.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2019 without the Recaro, but had the same issue I noticed within about one month of ownership. The clips are not wrong or backward, you just need to mess with stretching the bottom seat cover until you get it secured. Took me a few times to get it right, but after 6 months and 7000 miles, it’s still holding as it should.

This^^

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This exactly... They aren't backwards. Stretch it and flip it over the rod. Any upholstery shop could help you in their parking lot. I'd rather hand them a twenty than have the dealership attempt to pull it with channel locks or some other stupid approach.