Recaro Heated-Cooled Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsflv

Reaction score
I have an allocation and am deciding on seat options. The blue recaros are now a 2022 option. I don't particularly like the blue on the recaros, but am trying to locate one in person to decide. I saw a video indicating the recaros do not have heating or cooling, but have seen other videos showing the heating and cooling console buttons. Does anyone know if the recaros have heating and cooling? If they don't I'll probably rule them out. Thanks.

Rddakota

Reaction score
I had the Recaos in my 2019 and LOVE them! I have both heating and cooling so I'll bet the 2022 have that feature also. The blue breaks up the black leather, which I like.

BossRaptor

Reaction score
I have them in my 19 RAPTOR. I love them. The cooling works well. The heat is amazing on those mornings when your feeling a little tight in the lower back area. Ie old guy issues.

Duck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an allocation and am deciding on seat options. The blue recaros are now a 2022 option. I don't particularly like the blue on the recaros, but am trying to locate one in person to decide. I saw a video indicating the recaros do not have heating or cooling, but have seen other videos showing the heating and cooling console buttons. Does anyone know if the recaros have heating and cooling? If they don't I'll probably rule them out. Thanks.

In build tool on Ford's site, description confirms it does

"Included

Recaro® Blue Accent Front-Seats are standard on Ford Raptor 37 Performance Package.

Includes:
Seat, Front
• 40/Console/40
• Unique Leather Insert Seating Surfaces
• 10-way power driver seat and multi-adjustable power front passenger seat (power lumbar driver/passenger)
• Memory Driver’s Seat
Heated and ventilated Driver and Front Passenger Seats

Seat, Rear
Heated seats

hpschrank

Reaction score
Yes, I have new Gen 3 with Recaro and can confirm that the come heated and cooled standard. I think I saw the same video where the guy said you give up heating/cooling with the Recaros….not true.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The recaros look beautiful in person. The only 2 concerns I see is that they are very bolstered so if you are the type to drag your rear when getting in an out then you will not like them. Also keeping them clean. If you have a dog that rides with you then don't get them.

mouseman22

Reaction score
Get the Recaro. I have them and love them. Didnt think I would but I do. I take my dogs in them and wipe clean pretty easily. 32K miles and no sign of wear at all.

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone please confirm if I understand how the “climate controlled” Recaro seats work?

So, on most vehicles with “heated” only seats, there is an electric heating element inside the seat.

For the Recaro’s with heating and ventilation, there is no separate heating element, or at least not the same as described above. Rather, the same fan/ducting that blows ambient air through the seats to “cool” also passes warm/hot air through in the same manner for “heating”. Does this sound right?

I have a 2021 37 and trying to figure out why it seems like the seat “heating” isn’t working like I’ve come to expect in previous vehicles. The seats don’t seem to be heating up at all after several minutes, but I haven’t cranked up the heat in the truck yet as it hasn’t been that cold yet. I hope there isn’t some sort of electrical or software issue here….

Thanks guys.