Recaro Heated-Cooled Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 Recaros blow air through the seat and it feels cool in temp . I turn it on when people are unsuspecting and I laugh my *** off when they say they have to take a leak. Works wonders on those long drives

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 Recaros blow air through the seat and it feels cool in temp . I turn it on when people are unsuspecting and I laugh my *** off when they say they have to take a leak. Works wonders on those long drives
Cool. Do you know if the heating of the seats is independent of the main HVAC? What I mean is, can you have hot seats with the AC cold and vice versa? Do the seats heat/cool with the HVAC turned completely off?

I’m trying to figure out if mine are working properly since they don’t seem to put out any heat no matter what I do.

Thanks.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Do you know if the heating of the seats is independent of the main HVAC? What I mean is, can you have hot seats with the AC cold and vice versa? Do the seats heat/cool with the HVAC turned completely off?

I’m trying to figure out if mine are working properly since they don’t seem to put out any heat no matter what I do.

Thanks.
There is no connection between the HVAC system and heated/cooled seats. You can turn on the hot/cold seats at anytime. I have put the hot in in summer to mess with the passenger. Plenty of times we are on a road trip and my side of the car is in the sun in winter. So the cooled seats get put on low to move the air and keep the body cool. If your seats are NOT hot then it could be a broken element. There is a guy on these forums who recently replaced the heating element in the seat. 20$ for the part and a few hours of work.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone please confirm if I understand how the “climate controlled” Recaro seats work?

So, on most vehicles with “heated” only seats, there is an electric heating element inside the seat.

For the Recaro’s with heating and ventilation, there is no separate heating element, or at least not the same as described above. Rather, the same fan/ducting that blows ambient air through the seats to “cool” also passes warm/hot air through in the same manner for “heating”. Does this sound right?

I have a 2021 37 and trying to figure out why it seems like the seat “heating” isn’t working like I’ve come to expect in previous vehicles. The seats don’t seem to be heating up at all after several minutes, but I haven’t cranked up the heat in the truck yet as it hasn’t been that cold yet. I hope there isn’t some sort of electrical or software issue here….

Thanks guys.

Heated, like most cars probably, are done with a heated element. Cooled, is just a fan that blows ambient air through the seat and not temperature controlled

Ox3721

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Mine must be broken then. Both front seats don’t even get warm after several minutes on high. Fuses are good so maybe both elements are bad? Hard to believe since the truck only just hit 1000 miles and I’ve never used the heaters.