Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
470 miles. Damage to driveshaft. 30 day wait. Can't drive my truck until then.
Did the dealer tell you not to drive it? How bad was the damage? Any pics ? Is Ford geting you a loaner vehicle?

dhdcf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nowhere close to Podunk, where most of you live.
Did the dealer tell you not to drive it? How bad was the damage? Any pics ? Is Ford geting you a loaner vehicle?
Dealer took pics but I don't have them. They had offered me a rental but I turned it down -- I'm ok with using my daily. They said the damage was bad. They also told me that I couldn't drive it anywhere but added to the work order that it was ok to drive home and back when part arrives. Nine miles round trip.

OP
OP
wowanothertruck

wowanothertruck

Reaction score
Dealer finally called me back. Parts are on back order and they wont see the truck until they have a remedy for it. I don't want to leave my truck sitting for weeks at the dealer anyways.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked my truck up a month ago, as I was starting to drive off the lot, the GM comes running out to stop me. They had forgotten to do the recall. 45 minutes later, the recall was done and I was on my way.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha, my dealer had parts waiting for when my truck arrived off rail. Said it took them an hour. This was two weeks ago and parts were readily available at that time!
Luck of the draw if your dealer has the parts readily available or if they need to ordered. I wasn’t so lucky as I took my truck in for its 1st oil change & recall on 1 Feb. The rivets were ordered that day and arrived just a few days ago, 7 Mar. It’s a total of 5 rivets needing to be installed…4 driver’s side/1 pass side per the full recall write up I saw on service guy’s screen.

Also luck of the draw as to how fast your dealer can git’er done. Some here reported under an hour and others over. I agree with @ganooch, no time to waste on this one!