GEN 1 Recall 19S07: 2011-2013 powertrain control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received the notice that the last control module update didn't work? just got mine the other day while I was away at work, seems Ford has yet another update for our trucks.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received the notice that the last control module update didn't work? just got mine the other day while I was away at work, seems Ford has yet another update for our trucks.
So not to confuse anyone. So is this notification #3 now?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah unless I am mistaken you are referring to notification#2.

I was going to say WTF ......#3 ?
Geeeeeez

Lol

well if it's #2 I hope they get it right this time! I'm surprised they've run into problems since I got my truck updated about 2 months ago, which fixed the issues the transmission had before. I'm about to drive 1300 miles next week so I really don't need a issue while crossing the country lol.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if it's #2 I hope they get it right this time! I'm surprised they've run into problems since I got my truck updated about 2 months ago, which fixed the issues the transmission had before. I'm about to drive 1300 miles next week so I really don't need a issue while crossing the country lol.
My raptor is a 2013 screw 66k miles on the odometer
Not exactly a daily driver. I have had BOTH updates. Today while on the freeway, slightly pressing on the accelerator I noticed sudden jerk shift into a lower gear. I am not very hard on the truck usually

I assumed the recalibration was to maybe fix that? I can only imagine under hard acceleration......and the sudden jerk shift into a lower gear

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RC51TOFUMAN well that sucks.

Yeah you'd think the update would have fixed that, clearly it hasn't though.

Mine is a 13 screw as well with 53k miles and since update #1 mine hasn't down shifted randomly or held a gear for too long unlike before the update. it's running great, so I'm unsure of getting this re-calibration now lol.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RC51TOFUMAN well that sucks.

Yeah you'd think the update would have fixed that, clearly it hasn't though.

Mine is a 13 screw as well with 53k miles and since update #1 mine hasn't down shifted randomly or held a gear for too long unlike before the update. it's running great, so I'm unsure of getting this re-calibration now lol.
Mine has never stuck in gear or randomly downshifted

It's only downshifted jerk on acceleration. I dont drive like a madman so I have caught this on occasion. I can't imagine this happening under hard acceleration.
So I assumed that the recalibration addressed this as well?

My ESP runs out next year. I placed a reminder on my calendar. I plan on renewing or purchasing a NEW ESP plan.

I have used my ESP on my faulty brake line at the master cylinder, sun roof, and 2x on the 3rd brake light being waterlogged

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has tried to downshift when I let off the gas at highway speeds twice, once before the update and once after, so I'm going to say it didn't work. At least it tries to works it way down through the gears and never has shifted straight to first.

What's it take to get the lead frame replaced under the extended warranty? Does it have to turn on the wrench light?

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has tried to downshift when I let off the gas at highway speeds twice, once before the update and once after, so I'm going to say it didn't work. At least it tries to works it way down through the gears and never has shifted straight to first.

What's it take to get the lead frame replaced under the extended warranty? Does it have to turn on the wrench light?
According to the dealer near my house yeah in order for the lead frame to be done under warranty the wrench light has to be ON