GEN 1 Recall 19S07: 2011-2013 powertrain control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is worse then mechanical .This is them changing software/programming related things. It's bad when they do a shoddy part install .But a guy really can't see what's done with computer stuff .
I'm Leary to get mine done. But then there's the what if?

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had the update yet?

This is all related to the transmission recall for
molded lead frame connector
and,
TSB 13-6-8
and,
reprogram of PCM
I went thru this several months back and posted on a different tread

This was my experience:

I took it in to the FORD Dealer and they reprogramed the PCM aka transmission shift points.
The reprogram was for the recall only.
I ask about replacing the molded lead frame & quoted the TSB 13-6-8
Service guy said, We will do that if you have a code appear for the OSS.
I said, But some times it happens and doesn't code.
Service guy said, If it codes, then bring it in. We need to print out what we see.
Then, we will replace molded lead frame and send the old one to FORD along with printout, so that we can get credit.
Without a printout, we cannot replace under warranty.
He said, You have a warranty on the molded lead frame for 10yrs or 150k miles, which ever occurs 1st.
I finally saw the wrench appear today, so I believe it finally coded. Now, I need to make an appointment.
I should know in another few days, depending when they schedule me in.
I was happy to here of the warranty on that replacement.
I bought the truck at the same Dealership that I had the work done.
The Dealership replaced molded lead frame connector, oil, oil filter, gaskets, & reprogrammed PCM
I have had zero problems since
That was back in November 7th thru 11th 2018
Search TSB 13-6-8 to see thread at last page

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Leadframe module is not included on this one. I paid to have it done out of warranty and wishing they were linked so I could get paid back for a very expensive repair.

Ri ch490

Reaction score
I have a 2012 with the Roush Stage 2 supercharger kit. The dealer told me that the new pcm update will effect the Roush tune. They basically told me to call Roush. Anyone else have any experience with this?

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I reapplied my SVC Revision 4 Tune. I'll reply back if I have any issues. Based on feedback from the author of the tune, reapplying it shouldn't have undone any safety related transmission programming updates from the recall.

I dearly missed the raised speed limiter and better shift patterns and firmness. Hope all remains well.

I'll also note that the tune reverted my ECU Strategy and SWPN back to what it was before the recall was applied. I did re-save the stock tune and export it to my laptop and the file was bigger than the previous stock tune file that I'd exported. Granted, I did specifically ask @svc about any safety related changes being undone and they said there should be no issues.

Last edited: