GEN 1 Recall 19S07: 2011-2013 powertrain control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You either keep what you have, or get an updated tune that has the new Ford revised code in it. I'd call JDM and ask how they handle things like that.
Same thing here. Supercharged with a JDM tune. JDM told me to take it to the dealer, return it to stock and tell them DO NOT START IT! Apply the PCM update, then reapply your tune. Then you can start it.

SIN-7

Reaction score
Same thing here. Supercharged with a JDM tune. JDM told me to take it to the dealer, return it to stock and tell them DO NOT START IT! Apply the PCM update, then reapply your tune. Then you can start it.

Thanks, I guess I need to find a a friendly dealer.

lixalottapus

Reaction score

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just seen this thread so I'll post what I said on the other one.

got my recall done today, took an hour of fighting with the village idiot.. i mean service adviser.. to get my truck in and fixed. yeah they kept reading the recall wrong saying the only updates they had were for the 3.5 and 5.0. luckily the tranny tech clarified the recall to her (pretty much told her hey engine size doesn't matter! its production date and if they have a 6R80) and got me in quick since they know i work out of town.

I've read that some dealers are telling people they can't do the flash till spring, etc. that's bs lol.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your guess is as good as mine. You might contact Jeff Thompson At @svc as he’s the one that followed up with the tuner and they won’t allow you to speak directly with the tuner. Maybe their tune is not strategy code dependent? I did capture the strategy code and SWPN numbers off the vehicle information screens on the SCT X4. I may contact Jeff again for confirmation about reapplying the tune if I notice a change after application of the recall.

Did you reapply the SVC tune? And, how is it?

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you reapply the SVC tune? And, how is it?
I have not yet. Driving my truck on the stock tune for a bit to ensure that it didn’t create any issues beyond what it was supposed to fix. I can confirm that strategy and SWPN codes changed after the dealership updated my PCM per the recall. I shared this with SVC and their tuner confirmed that I can reflash with the tune with no adverse effects. This mirrors what was stated by JDM regarding their supercharged customers that can only run with a tune.