GEN 1 Recall 19S07: 2011-2013 powertrain control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read this article explaining a recall that might affect you. Affecting over 1.48 million trucks, this recall states that a faulty powertrain control module may shift your truck into first gear at a random time. Depending on how fast you are going could greatly impact the severity of your experience when this happens.

Seems like a serious recall. Just wondering if anybody has experience with the powertrain control module not working as intended. And just wanted to put it here so everyone is in the loop.

Yes I've had this happen. Highways speed trying to pass someone and the a quick deceleration. Gets confused and doesn't k ot what gear to go in so it selects 1st, but only for a split second.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just for reference, here's the previous recall for the same thing (with a more thorough fix). My truck didn't show up in THIS recall either - but does in the new one this thread is about:
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...s-three-safety-recalls-and-two-safety-co.html

Also, EXTREMELY similar, this happened to me and it seems VERY related:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2013/SB-10053419-7635.pdf

I think Ford is trying to get away with not replaced the molded leadframe under this new recall. Software updates are cheap. The leadframe isn't.

divedeep1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...... Thank god Ford finally heard my call. Long story short... I am military moving and shipping my 2012 Screw (original owner) on the 25th from Hawaii. Last week I experienced the downshift doing 60 mph on the H1. The truck immediately went into limp mode and scared the shit out of me. After research.....
Google these for more info from years ago as this was identified:

-TSB 13-06-08 and customer satisfaction program 16N02

My VIN did not pop even though my build date of 5/12 from the Dearborn plant is listed. So I spent Hours and multiple calls to the Ford Customer service center and even filed a case with the NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration). I ended up paying out of pocket $994 at the Honolulu Ford Dealer as I need to get on with my move. They were great and had the truck back with the replacement of the molded lead frame, PCM recalibration, and tranny fluid replace in about 3 hours same day. However, because Ford ****** up VIN numbers somehow..... OASIS did not recognize my VIN and I payed. I am actually waiting to receive the call to be refunded as I have gone as far as I can speaking with big Ford with the seriousness of this issue and the fact that just because my VIN is not listed..... I met every requirement back in 2016 for the recall. Hope I get refunded...... that this helps someone else...... and no one else has this same issue.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So...... Thank god Ford finally heard my call. Long story short... I am military moving and shipping my 2012 Screw (original owner) on the 25th from Hawaii. Last week I experienced the downshift doing 60 mph on the H1. The truck immediately went into limp mode and scared the shit out of me. After research.....
Google these for more info from years ago as this was identified:

-TSB 13-06-08 and customer satisfaction program 16N02

My VIN did not pop even though my build date of 5/12 from the Dearborn plant is listed. So I spent Hours and multiple calls to the Ford Customer service center and even filed a case with the NHTSA (National Highway Transportation Safety Administration). I ended up paying out of pocket $994 at the Honolulu Ford Dealer as I need to get on with my move. They were great and had the truck back with the replacement of the molded lead frame, PCM recalibration, and tranny fluid replace in about 3 hours same day. However, because Ford ****** up VIN numbers somehow..... OASIS did not recognize my VIN and I payed. I am actually waiting to receive the call to be refunded as I have gone as far as I can speaking with big Ford with the seriousness of this issue and the fact that just because my VIN is not listed..... I met every requirement back in 2016 for the recall. Hope I get refunded...... that this helps someone else...... and no one else has this same issue.
WOW! Nearly identical story on mine! Spoke to the dealership, lots of people at Ford, etc. I eventually had to pay $700 something and Ford "helped" with the rest, but didn't fully cover it. Please keep us posted with your refund as I may want to follow suit depending on how this plays out. I also filed a complaint with the NHTSA back when this all went down in December 2018.

divedeep1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! Nearly identical story on mine! Spoke to the dealership, lots of people at Ford, etc. I eventually had to pay $700 something and Ford "helped" with the rest, but didn't fully cover it. Please keep us posted with your refund as I may want to follow suit depending on how this plays out. I also filed a complaint with the NHTSA back when this all went down in December 2018.

Will do...... I was going to post my story as it has been a huge pain in the ass and my gut told me something is not right with this whole scenario. Just so happens I wake up this morning to see it on the news. I called the Dealer service manager and he is all about refunding whatever.... they just need Ford to authorize it. I'll be back on the phone today and update.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will do...... I was going to post my story as it has been a huge pain in the ass and my gut told me something is not right with this whole scenario. Just so happens I wake up this morning to see it on the news. I called the Dealer service manager and he is all about refunding whatever.... they just need Ford to authorize it. I'll be back on the phone today and update.
My dealer is an idiot. I'm on the phone with Ford right now. They claim since my VIN doesn't show up under 16N02 even though it meets the exact criteria, it's a no go. Same story with the previous recall. I haven't given up yet.

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you who have done the software update and have a tune installed and/or pedal commander, do you set everything back to stock before taking it in for this software update?