GEN 1 Recall 19S07: 2011-2013 powertrain control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just depends on if Ford improved the parts in the lead frame, or if you are just putting in the same old failure prone part as to if it's the final solution or a temporary solution. The change in programming is good either way IMO, there is no reason the truck should ever decide to downshift to 1st gear at 75 MPH no matter what. There are so many ways they can determine it's going 70+ MPH and therefore tell the PCM to NOT go into first, even if one or two of the sensors are saying go for it.
Can anyone CONFIRM replacing the molded lead frame part is an improved / updated part vs. OEM what's on there currently?

I wouldn't mind spending $ to replace this part on my own vs waiting for it to Fail on the road

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

VelociRaptorSVT

Reaction score
"Ford released the following explanations for each vehicle:

Ford F-150
  • Some 2011-13 Ford F-150 vehicles with 6-speed automatic transmissions may experience "an intermittent loss of the transmission output speed sensor signal to the powertrain control module, potentially resulting in a temporary, unintended downshift into first gear." Depending on vehicle speed, a downshift to first gear without warning could result in a loss of control.
  • Ford is aware of five reports of accidents, including one report of “whiplash” potentially related to this condition.
  • The recall affects approximately 1.48 million vehicles, including approximately 1.26 million in the United States and its territories and approximately 221,000 in Canada.
  • Affected vehicles were built at the Dearborn Assembly Plant.
  • Dealers will update the powertrain control module software in the affected vehicles. The Ford reference number for this recall is 19S07."
I believe I had this recall taken care of at Ford last year/early this year. I was told I had a software update for a recall, but I forget the reason why. I'll go back and look at my paperwork and see exactly what they recorded. I never experienced the intermittent loss of transmission output speed, resulting in a downshift into first gear though.

Last edited:

Tim Collins

Reaction score
I have a 2011 raptor originally purchased with 70k miles, in year 2017 Started transmission issues hard shifts pretty much immediately after purchasing it dealership said nothing was wrong blew my transmission about a year after recently the recall came out for bad pcm and speed sensor was having same issue with hard shifts on a new transmission. Coincidence I think not. I had them do the recall which only updated my pcm, never touched my speed sensor. Was still having issues they told me that i should contact ford that they won’t do anything about it. It’s not there truck pretty much not there problem so a week later brought it to an outside transmission shop to get a second opinion and my transmission blew once again. Transmission mechanics reviewed and confirmed that if you have a bad speed sensor and pcm that a transmission can have issues internally. I then got in touch with Ford after waiting and they told me to bring it in the dealership and have them look at it. So I had it towed there and all they told me was I had a blown transmission with I knew. They called me back and said they will not fix it that I have to spend another 5200 on a new transmission. I asked for a supervisor and they said he would contact from customer support. I then waited and never got a call. The lady handling my case then called me and said they still won’t fix it. I asked if a supervisor can call me and explain why still nothing be careful Ford knows something and would contact them if you have a recall or have had to replace transmission.

Tim Collins

Reaction score
I have a 2011 raptor originally purchased with 70k miles, in year 2017 Started transmission issues hard shifts pretty much immediately after purchasing it dealership said nothing was wrong blew my transmission about a year after recently the recall came out for bad pcm and speed sensor was having same issue with hard shifts on a new transmission. Coincidence I think not. I had them do the recall which only updated my pcm, never touched my speed sensor. Was still having issues they told me that i should contact ford that they won’t do anything about it. It’s not there truck pretty much not there problem so a week later brought it to an outside transmission shop to get a second opinion and my transmission blew once again. Transmission mechanics reviewed and confirmed that if you have a bad speed sensor and pcm that a transmission can have issues internally. I then got in touch with Ford after waiting and they told me to bring it in the dealership and have them look at it. So I had it towed there and all they told me was I had a blown transmission with I knew. They called me back and said they will not fix it that I have to spend another 5200 on a new transmission. I asked for a supervisor and they said he would contact from customer support. I then waited and never got a call. The lady handling my case then called me and said they still won’t fix it. I asked if a supervisor can call me and explain why still nothing be careful Ford knows something and would contact them if you have a recall or have had to replace transmission.

I just read this article explaining a recall that might affect you. Affecting over 1.48 million trucks, this recall states that a faulty powertrain control module may shift your truck into first gear at a random time. Depending on how fast you are going could greatly impact the severity of your experience when this happens.

Seems like a serious recall. Just wondering if anybody has experience with the powertrain control module not working as intended. And just wanted to put it here so everyone is in the loop.