GEN 1 Recall 19S07: 2011-2013 powertrain control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read this article explaining a recall that might affect you. Affecting over 1.48 million trucks, this recall states that a faulty powertrain control module may shift your truck into first gear at a random time. Depending on how fast you are going could greatly impact the severity of your experience when this happens.

Seems like a serious recall. Just wondering if anybody has experience with the powertrain control module not working as intended. And just wanted to put it here so everyone is in the loop.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had it start happening a few years ago... while flat towing on the freeway for a few hundred miles. Let me tell you what a joy that was. Got it fixed.

But, I do see my truck listed as affected by the recall. Thanks for the info.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I just check my vin at the ford site. I'm included in this. I wasn't in any of the prior related recalls. But I am for the software update. Seems weird. Feels like a ford covering their asses kinda deal

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I can't tell if this is the same as the Molded Leadframe issue/recall. My truck did not fall under the recall but had the same issue and was repaired under my ESP warranty.

My VIN is part of the new recall so this could be a different issue I guess.

--

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read this article explaining a recall that might affect you. Affecting over 1.48 million trucks, this recall states that a faulty powertrain control module may shift your truck into first gear at a random time. Depending on how fast you are going could greatly impact the severity of your experience when this happens.

Seems like a serious recall. Just wondering if anybody has experience with the powertrain control module not working as intended. And just wanted to put it here so everyone is in the loop.

Appreciate that bigrig!

Well I just check my vin at the ford site. I'm included in this. I wasn't in any of the prior related recalls. But I am for the software update. Seems weird. Feels like a ford covering their asses kinda deal

Got a link?