Recall 18S17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why they did not just cover it. The wife even made a comment about how much more noise there was in the passenger side last night.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
has anyone had the emissions work done? 18L02. warranty increase to 7yrs, 70K.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why they did not just cover it. The wife even made a comment about how much more noise there was in the passenger side last night.

This absolutely sucks. If anyone finds some flame retardant insulation for the B-pillars, I would be interested in a DIY solution to reduce noise. This is a big time fail on Ford.

OP
OP
H

harkco

Reaction score
I had this done and do not notice any increase in road noise. This thread was originally for Recall 18S17, however, which involves replacement of the fuel pump. Recall 18S27 involves removal of the insulation on the B pillar.

Gordini

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had this recall performed yet. I dropped my vehicle this morning for a different recall (18S27) and they said they would do this one as well. Looks like it involves replacing the fuel pump. Fingers crossed.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...sues-two-safety-recalls-in-north-america.html
Same thing with my truck. When I made the appointment to get the 18S27 done, the service writer advised that my truck needed the 18S17 as well. Paperwork says the high pressure fuel pump, a tube assembly, and 3 bolts were replaced. Total labor for both recalls looks like about 3 hours, although they kept the truck for a day and a half. All good now...