Rebuilding a 6.2 Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PD1744

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@PD1744 ready for a 6R80 rebuild thread?!??

Bahaha. Bruh, when/if I ever decide to tear into an automatic transmission I'm sure that will be a hell of an adventure. I've not had any time this year to wrench or get in the dirt with my now job, but I've gotten to do other cool truck stuff so I guess it evens out.

tmp123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You for the Water pipe part number. So i pulled the exhaust off to install headers and now Im thinking why not pull the head and install new headgasket and valve springs to avoid that dreaded valve spring catastrophe so common. My 12 raptor has 186k and im not sure if i want to pull the bottom of the motor out to do a complete rebuild.
Question? timing chain and guides, Stock or aftermarket ? Thanks again

OP
OP
PD1744

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You for the Water pipe part number. So i pulled the exhaust off to install headers and now Im thinking why not pull the head and install new headgasket and valve springs to avoid that dreaded valve spring catastrophe so common. My 12 raptor has 186k and im not sure if i want to pull the bottom of the motor out to do a complete rebuild.
Question? timing chain and guides, Stock or aftermarket ? Thanks again

I had to look back for this one but according to post #116 I went with Melling here as well. I wouldn't have any issues running OEM though. For anything really.