Rebuilding 2013 Race Red Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF... wow you got some work to do. Good luck! Its always cool to see before and after on these rebuilds.

When you said you were rebuilding a Race Red Raptor I was hoping it was this one :)

13108925_808986399232049_1047325248_n.jpg

Nope.....
The one I found hit a cow. As in a domestic cow. Can't wait to eventually hear the story behind that incident!

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
On its way back to life!

Once I got it tore down as far back till all damage was removed, the rebuild began! Sourcing parts for the front end of one of these was a PITA. Any used parts were hard to find.
Started with powder coating valve covers from a 2010 F350. Love that blue!
Changed the engine, transmission, and main front wiring harness with fuse box.
Now the rebuilding begins.jpg

Powder Coated.jpg

Anastasia Helping.jpg
My daughter even helps in the shop, as she works on changing over the valve covers!

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
On its way for paint...

Once the electrical was changed out, it was just a matter of temporarily installing the rads, air boxes and the like, then firing the engine to make sure everything was good.
Runs like a dream....and the 6.2 sounds SWEET!
Even drove it over to my buddy's shop so the body work could be done.
Test Fitting.jpg

010ed22a1101d74bca31a282024a13ad14548271ae.jpg

016f2c75f23d7d1c66389ed780d7d221b958cdaf67.jpg
Once the new fender rail supports were installed, the test fitting of the parts to be painted was completed. Beginning to look like a Raptor again!

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you a magician? Your work was lightning fast or it seemed like it was and here we go. Beautiful work. What year and mileage on the truck? Are you going to keep it and mod it or just rebuild and resell?

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Inspections this week!

The truck is a 2013 with 90,000km, just barely broke in. Ha! I'll probably find out quickly just how hard those first 90k were.
Everything went smooth on this rebuild. No surprises, so it had a quick turnaround.
Sourcing the parts was the biggest pain, as used front end body parts are hard to find for a Raptor!
And my body/paint guy got it in right away as well, so that sped things up.
Started in January, and should be on the road by June. If you ask my wife, that's not too quick, as it was taking up a parking spot in the shop.....I mean garage! ;)

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

.... and definitely keeping it!

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Nope.....
The one I found hit a cow. As in a domestic cow. Can't wait to eventually hear the story behind that incident!

Nice and quick rebuild. You might want to rebuild the shocks even if the Raptor was a street queen. Ford/Fox recommends a rebuild at 50k for street queens, even less when used off-road.

As for the Raptor stuck on the beach, nobody knows how it ended up out there. Locals (Black Sands Beach in Shelter Cove, California) speculated the Raptor got caught out there in May, 2016 during high tide and the owners were forced to abandoned it. The tide just ripped it apart.

I asked about the Raptor in early June, 2016 and was told what was left of it was towed out.