GEN 1 Rebuild Shock Shelf Life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Texas Shock Works:

Is there any concern to having rebuilt shocks sit on the shelf until you put them on?

Got a set rebuilt by TSW and am hoping to wait out the winter to put them on so they don’t get blasted by all the salt here in IL.

Should I store them upright since that’s how they ride on the truck? Any concern about them sitting horizontal or just sitting period for months at a time?

Thanks

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondered if you ever got any answer to this. I was going to suggest I could store them for you on my 2012 so they wouldn't gather any dust!!

OP
OP
MFNG

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondered if you ever got any answer to this. I was going to suggest I could store them for you on my 2012 so they wouldn't gather any dust!!

Youu can store them on your 2012 no problem. Shipping and handling will only be $1k!

I did get an answer. They said all is fine. I assumed so but didn’t want to throw $800 away if they needed something special done to prep for storage, needed to be upright, etc.

Was going to have them put on last week but the Corona Crazy hit and I don’t think my guy is on the essential operations list regardless of my opinion that he is.

I’ll post back once I get them on and running and let everyone know how they are. I didn’t hear any thing bad about TSW before sending them in, but didn’t find much on here the other way either.