Rebuild or upgrade shocks .....??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TipsEZ

Reaction score
Sorry to bring back and old thread; but... How have you been liking this setup? I just got a Gen1 over the summer and realized (in a rather difficult way yesterday) that the shocks need rebuilt. I'm thinking about just ordering all the components from Forged for a Stage 1 and flutter then doing the rebuild myself.

I just sent mine in for a rebuild and upgrade. Rebuild, level 1 upgrade, flutter stack and new lower bolts were just over 800 with shipping.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a weekend warrior in the desert. I started with stock Gen 2 shocks. I added the RPG adjustable collar and removed some of the softness (pre-load) and it rode much better. Fast forward a year and I switched to King 3.0's and holy cow what a difference. I upgraded and put my stock shocks up for sale. (guiltless plug - they are still for sale with the RPG collar installed) if anyone is interested.

TipsEZ

Reaction score
I'm assuming these are from the GEN 2 I see in the image? If so, then probably too much work for them to do what I need on my GEN 1.

Im a weekend warrior in the desert. I started with stock Gen 2 shocks. I added the RPG adjustable collar and removed some of the softness (pre-load) and it rode much better. Fast forward a year and I switched to King 3.0's and holy cow what a difference. I upgraded and put my stock shocks up for sale. (guiltless plug - they are still for sale with the RPG collar installed) if anyone is interested.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to bring back and old thread; but... How have you been liking this setup? I just got a Gen1 over the summer and realized (in a rather difficult way yesterday) that the shocks need rebuilt. I'm thinking about just ordering all the components from Forged for a Stage 1 and flutter then doing the rebuild myself.

I had forged build mine in this spec, I really like them. Go for it, no regrets!

TipsEZ

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. That's what I think I'm going to do. From looking at the costs of the various options; this seems like the most cost effective option. Then I can do all the service myself after this initial setup.

I had forged build mine in this spec, I really like them. Go for it, no regrets!

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock auto has brand new gen1 struts for $337 and there is a 5% off coupon available. I got mine for $650 shipped to me and sold my old ones. In my opinion buy new for the small difference over rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk