Rebalance wheels after installing FP beadlock rings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CHMP

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up. Running Beadlocks in CA are not DOT approved. Also, why would you want to run them on the street? WAY to much upkeep with the bolts.
Yep understood. Do you know why they are outlawed in CA? I'be heard a few different stories but not sure what the truth is.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep understood. Do you know why they are outlawed in CA? I'be heard a few different stories but not sure what the truth is.
The only time i would think you will have an issue running beadlocks in Cali is if you have an accident and the tire/wheel could be why you had the accident. I ran beadlocks on my jeep in Cali and when I move the jeep back to Cali it will still run beadlocks. Haven't been stopped to see if I had beadlocks and when I was stopped they didn't ask either.
Just make sure you do check them. I check them when I rotate tire. Remove air, check torque, fill back up, rotate. I also do a visual while getting gas. Just a walk around.

Derrick Anderson

Reaction score
I just had the bead popped on mine and mounted the bead lock ring, no balancing was required. they were in balance when I had them checked.

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely recommend using anti seize on the bolts. The threads in the wheel are aluminum and even a small amount of dirt can have significant effects on clamping force, pretty much you achieve the required torque but clamping force is lower than desired. The anti seize also keeps the threads from getting galled which can save the wheel in the long run after many uses.