Rear wheelwell marker light not working, rear end clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockeyman70s

Reaction score
Hi all, have had a 2022 Raptor for a couple months and noticed my drivers side rear wheel well marker light isnt turning on. Is this common or just something I should head to the dealer for. Have also noticed an intermittent clunk from the rear when decelerating. Very infrequent but feels like something has rolled forward in the bed. Thanks

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, have had a 2022 Raptor for a couple months and noticed my drivers side rear wheel well marker light isnt turning on. Is this common or just something I should head to the dealer for. Have also noticed an intermittent clunk from the rear when decelerating. Very infrequent but feels like something has rolled forward in the bed. Thanks
I can't comment on the marker light, but the clunking sensation you feel is the transmission making a rough shift. Mine does the same ('23) from 3-2 at low speeds.

Gilandred

Reaction score
I just took mine in to the dealership for this exact same reason (rear driver side wheel marker light). Turns out they need to order a new light assembly to fix it.

GLF5

Reaction score
I took delivery of a 23 last weekend and I'm just now going over a detailed inspection. Found both driver and passenger side rear marker lights not working.

OP
OP
H

Hockeyman70s

Reaction score
I can't comment on the marker light, but the clunking sensation you feel is the transmission making a rough shift. Mine does the same ('23) from 3-2 at low speeds.
Thanks! was wondering if it might be the suspension issue ive been hearing about. Have you talked to the dealer about the hardshift at all or are you thinking its acceptable?

OP
OP
H

Hockeyman70s

Reaction score
I took delivery of a 23 last weekend and I'm just now going over a detailed inspection. Found both driver and passenger side rear marker lights not working.
Goes to show how well the dealer completes the state inspection process getting new vehicles out the door. If i went to get an inspection sticker at a garage around here they wouldve seen it haha