Rear Wheel Well Rubbing With Stock 35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GregJ2

GregJ2

Reaction score
really? How can +6 in the rear rub when plenty have run 0 with no rubbing? I think the OP has something else going on.

After reading the replies I’m blaming it on my driving style and see this is normal under fully articulated suspension. No real damage has been done just missing paint.

fordraptorfun

Reaction score
Ordered some Method 703s with a +25mm offset. It’s really hard to find aftermarket wheels that have the stock fit (17”x8.5”; 34mm offset). 25mm is the closest I found. Therefore it’s a 9mm outboard shift.

I don’t understand why aftermarket wheel mfrs don’t start with factory sizes. Reducing offset pushes the wheel outboard. 2 risks:

1) increased probability of full compression interference w bedsides and fenders

2) steering axis no longer intersects with the center of the wheel’s footprint, adding steering load due to loss of mechanical leverage

anyone have any experience running a 17”x8.5”; 25mm offset wheel?

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Ordered some Method 703s with a +25mm offset. It’s really hard to find aftermarket wheels that have the stock fit (17”x8.5”; 34mm offset). 25mm is the closest I found. Therefore it’s a 9mm outboard shift.

I don’t understand why aftermarket wheel mfrs don’t start with factory sizes. Reducing offset pushes the wheel outboard. 2 risks:

1) increased probability of full compression interference w bedsides and fenders

2) steering axis no longer intersects with the center of the wheel’s footprint, adding steering load due to loss of mechanical leverage

My some-guy-who-reads-internet-forums opinion is that +25s should work fine. I would think running the factory beadlocks in "real-beadlock" mode should push the outside edge of the tire out that far, though it will also effectively be a 17x9-ish rim at that point too.

Please post pics when you get this setup! I didn't realize these were available yet, I'm considering doing the +25 703s as well.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered some Method 703s with a +25mm offset.

Please post pics when you get this setup! I didn't realize these were available yet, I'm considering doing the +25 703s as well.

#Chris1980, where did you get them? That fitment is not on their site in 703s nor the 704 Titanium I'd prefer. I've been badgering the Method contact for a while about these since I heard they were coming out.

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

fordraptorfun

Reaction score
#Chris1980, where did you get them? That fitment is not on their site in 703s nor the 704 Titanium I'd prefer. I've been badgering the Method contact for a while about these since I heard they were coming out.

You’re right they’re not on Method’s website.

I found the 25mm option on Discount Tire Co.‘s website. They’re not stocked and are telling me a 45 day lead time. I’ll keep you posted to see if Method backs out of the order.

Unfortunately I don’t see Discount Tire Co. list the 704s. I’d give them a call and ask if they can special order for you.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/method-race-wheels-mr703

C4B05BBA-99BD-45A8-9049-4F21AF48D9FB.png

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. The only option i didnt get on my truck and I wanted was the OE beadlock ready wheels. However, I can easily run 6 Methods for the price of a used OE set.

Looking back at my emails to Method, they last said end of this month.