Rear wheel well liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cooooop_ks

cooooop_ks

Reaction score
Scuff with what? Scotch brite? Or more?
The kit comes with 2 sanding sponges to scuff up the paint with. Also comes with a roller, two textured roller heads, two application trays, 3-4 pairs of rubber gloves and the Rhino liner material. The kit is sized to do entire pickup bed so you will have liner material left over unless you have other items to line. It would probably do two trucks worth of rear wheel wells easily

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might use this on my retrax pro’s box cover (underside that’s exposed to the truck bed area) where it rolls into. It does get bumped quite a bit & has sone scratches, so this might be the answer to toughen it up & also cover up the scratches.

RickB

Reaction score
Looks great. I did the spray on lining with my 2018 Raptor....unfortunately after about 15K miles and driving off road, it ended up chipping and I could see the paint underneath. Luckily it was on a shadow black truck so not as noticeable. I now have a 2019 Silver Raptor and I chose to install the Husky liners and cut out the area around the shocks....easy to put on and won't show the silver as I suspect would happen if I did a spray liner and it chipped....below are some before/after. The liner also keep the mud out of the nooks and cranny in the frame. The cutout didn't look all that pretty, but once the tires are on it is not noticeable and you can see the shocks.20190511_162606.jpg 20190511_161013.jpg

LeboRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I just got my husky liners.

Looks great. I did the spray on lining with my 2018 Raptor....unfortunately after about 15K miles and driving off road, it ended up chipping and I could see the paint underneath. Luckily it was on a shadow black truck so not as noticeable. I now have a 2019 Silver Raptor and I chose to install the Husky liners and cut out the area around the shocks....easy to put on and won't show the silver as I suspect would happen if I did a spray liner and it chipped....below are some before/after. The liner also keep the mud out of the nooks and cranny in the frame. The cutout didn't look all that pretty, but once the tires are on it is not noticeable and you can see the shocks.View attachment 131891 View attachment 131892

Schmagagled

Reaction score
I had the Husky liners on my 2018 and they were a PITA to install as I'm sure you found as well. I just traded that last week for a 2020 and just now installed the Husky liners again, but this time I also installed front and rear mud flaps from ROKBLOKZ.

RickB, you said you had to cut out the section for the shocks. I ordered the liners for the 2019 which fit the 2020 also. They are not the same part number as the ones for 2017-2018. That may have been the problem there. I've attached some pics. I didn't have to cut anything. The part number I ordered for the liners was 79151, and the ones I had on my 2018 were 79141.

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

RickB

Reaction score
That looks great.....they didn't have the ones out for the 2019 when I did mine, so I ordered the 2018 version. Should have probably waited.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Schmagagled

Reaction score
Thanks,

I decided to go with mud flaps this time because my 2018 threw a rock (or something hard and sharp) from the right front tire and put a nice scratch in my right rear passenger door. About 6" long overall and about 3/4" of it is down to the primer. You can tell by the arc of the scratch that it came from the front tire. And like everybody else without mud flaps I've also gotten my own front door handles nice and mucky just driving around. So though I don't necessarily care for the look of mud flaps, they're practical on this truck.

S