Rear Tail Light Assembly - 4th LED Bulb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnRaptor14

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Last week I purchased a 2014 F150 Raptor, It needs a few fixes and had a cracked left rear Tail light. When I removed the tail light I found the 3 usual bulbs for Brake , Reverse, and Turn but for some reason this Raptor contains a 4th bulb that's LED in the top quarter panel of the brake light assembly. Does anyone know what this is? Was not sure if it was apart of the BLIS system or possibly the previous owner did an aftermarket modification.

7gA8SXeJgRuKubrj8
DPdJGXfXpG9w8CkC8
20181206-141500.jpg 20181206-141503.jpg 20181206-144710.jpg 20181206-144720.jpg
Red Led Diode shown in hand, Old Tail assembly on left, new tail assembly on right does not have top quarter panel plugin.

If anyone know what that 4th bulb in the top corner of the tail light assembly is it would be much appreciated. I checked brake, running lights, reverse, turn signal and neither turn on either side (pass or driver).

TrailWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s an emergency light, like what you’d see on police and fire Vehciles. It’s called a hide-away, looks like a Fenix or brooking (differ manufacturer) light to me. It’s definitely not a Whelen brand.
Is it wired up somewhere? Like to an upfitter? It’s not a factory light.

OP
OP
J

JohnRaptor14

Reaction score
It looks like a professional installation than, when I followed the wire it runs into a Sheath protecting the cable, same sheath protecting the tail light cables so I haven't been able to trace it. Interesting thank you for the response.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If @TrailWhale is right, and I think he is, that's probably a strobe. If there's strobes in the back, there's probably strobes in the front as well. Is there a switch in the cab or any indication in the cab that a switch had been installed and removed? Loose/unconnected wires under the dash?

You might try to contact the previous owner and ask the relevant questions.