GEN 1 Rear suspension options with Fabtech lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
My wife has a 2013 Supercrew with a 4" Fabtech lift kit. I was interested in getting her a tune but wanted to beef up the rear suspension first to avoid wheel hop. Does anyone know what my options are with this lift kit installed? Can I use Deavers? Am I better off with rear traction bars? Are either of these an option with the lift kit or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing i would suggest is getting rid of the lift. The raptor wasn't engineered for a lift kit so you're only going to hurt the performance with that installed. If you want to raise the front you can adjust the spring perch under the coils (which is what ford engineered it to do). If you upgrade to deavers it will eliminate the OEM blocks but keep the same rear height as stock, maybe a bit higher depending if you go with +2 or +3. Lifts on raptors are not well received in the raptor community so if you plan to use it for what it is meant for, i'd get rid of it. if you don't plan to take it off-road and just want the look of a lifted truck, do what you want. Performance and off-road capability i suggest no lift, deavers, and geiser springs on mid perch.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My wife has a 2013 Supercrew with a 4" Fabtech lift kit. I was interested in getting her a tune but wanted to beef up the rear suspension first to avoid wheel hop. Does anyone know what my options are with this lift kit installed? Can I use Deavers? Am I better off with rear traction bars? Are either of these an option with the lift kit or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Deaver can do custom springs (maybe a +4). Since you're probably not too concerned about clearance and hard offorading you could probably just get a set of traction bars and call it good if you don't mind the way the stock springs ride.

Out of curiosity, how does the lift kit accommodate the extra shock length needed in the rear? Shock extender?

OP
OP
ToddReynolds

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
Deaver can do custom springs (maybe a +4). Since you're probably not too concerned about clearance and hard offorading you could probably just get a set of traction bars and call it good if you don't mind the way the stock springs ride.

Out of curiosity, how does the lift kit accommodate the extra shock length needed in the rear? Shock extender?
Yes sir I attached a pic for you. Which option do you think is best? I definitely don't want to go any higher because, believe it or not, with 37's I can still just fit it in the garage. If you suggest Deavers over the traction bars what will I have to do regarding the bump stops? Thanks again

Attachments

• 1667593138540313580237883319486.jpg
    1667593138540313580237883319486.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 32

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes sir I attached a pic for you. Which option do you think is best? I definitely don't want to go any higher because, believe it or not, with 37's I can still just fit it in the garage. If you suggest Deavers over the traction bars what will I have to do regarding the bump stops? Thanks again

You wouldn't be going higher either way. You would get the deavers that match your current lifted height but they'd eliminate the block which helps with axle wrap and the deavers ride really nice. Deavers would require bump stop modification (couple vendors sell kits on here). The traction bars would eliminate axle wrap but would ride the same. And wouldn't require bump stop modification.

Traction bars = same ride, no axle wrap and easier
Deavers = better ride, less axle wrap but more involved

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing i would suggest is getting rid of the lift. The raptor wasn't engineered for a lift kit so you're only going to hurt the performance with that installed. If you want to raise the front you can adjust the spring perch under the coils (which is what ford engineered it to do). If you upgrade to deavers it will eliminate the OEM blocks but keep the same rear height as stock, maybe a bit higher depending if you go with +2 or +3. Lifts on raptors are not well received in the raptor community so if you plan to use it for what it is meant for, i'd get rid of it. if you don't plan to take it off-road and just want the look of a lifted truck, do what you want. Performance and off-road capability i suggest no lift, deavers, and geiser springs on mid perch.
What a PC way to put it. I'm impressed with the more mature FRF.

This is all hear-say, so take with a grain of salt, but I believe the Fabtech requires cutting and welding. That makes it very difficult to reverse. The truck may be ruined, at least in the front. You can probably trade it in for one without a lift to fix the suspension easier than removing it.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
deaver +4 would add 2 inches over stock. lets see a pic of the springs where they attach to the axle..