rear speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just went back and noticed I have the backup chimes coming out the front speakers .my setup is audison bitone hd amp,audison bitone hd virtocty dsp, my fronts r active ,and I have a rear sub .evething is hooked up with ad link and toslink cables .
ok, the fiber optic negates having to need 7&8 connected.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All up and running , couple of questions I talk to a tech-support guy at Audison he said to max out the gains on the DSP , then adjust the ones on the amp with whatever meter I use , My question is what do I use for a test tone for the tweeters, they are crossed over at 3000 with a 24 DB slope so 1 kHz is probably not gonna work . Also I have a very slight hiss thru the speakers , It does not get louder with the volume control increases , Maybe the gains on the DSP can’t be maxed out ?also I listen to mostly 70-80 music which seems to be mastered less than 0 db , Should I do my gains with a negative DB Tone , like -5 or -10

Attachments

• 078F2CBD-16D8-49A4-934F-30EBEAA0C6FA.jpeg
    078F2CBD-16D8-49A4-934F-30EBEAA0C6FA.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the gain on the processor is too high. you have raised your noise floor. turn it down. you need to find the happy spot between the processor volume, radio volume, and amp volume. what do you need a test tone for? tuning? use pink noise and turn off all the other speakers from the processor. probably set the tweeters around 3500hz. if using a 3 way system, probably set it at 5000hz

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the gain on the processor is too high. you have raised your noise floor. turn it down. you need to find the happy spot between the processor volume, radio volume, and amp volume. what do you need a test tone for? tuning? use pink noise and turn off all the other speakers from the processor. probably set the tweeters around 3500hz. if using a 3 way system, probably set it at 5000hz
Only a 2way only one 5 channel amp .ok so pink noise would be better , I will try to lower the DSP next weekend , As I have not done the gains on the amp yet just set them low for now , till I get my oscope or dd1 on there . Thank u for the help

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That did the trick , had it at 0 , it goes from 0 - to -40 brought it down to -10 it cut the noise hiss down 75 percent . It was only happening with no music playing . I assume it’s gonna be a little hiss , plus I was using Bluetooth which I usually never do

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where is a good spot to set the midrange ( fs is 55hz) 80-2500hz 24 db slope Butterworth on both ends I'm using a 2 way ,the tweeters do sound best at 3500hz ,24 db slope .I have the sub at 80 12 db Butterworth . this is my current preset a on my drc, preset b I have different crossovers with all linkwitz Riley crossovers .playing around with what sounds better

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
where is a good spot to set the midrange ( fs is 55hz) 80-2500hz 24 db slope Butterworth on both ends I'm using a 2 way ,the tweeters do sound best at 3500hz ,24 db slope .I have the sub at 80 12 db Butterworth . this is my current preset a on my drc, preset b I have different crossovers with all linkwitz Riley crossovers .playing around with what sounds better
you can try setting the drivers at 90hz high pass with a 24db slope. but sometimes a 12db slope will work better if you arent at max volume all the time. if you are listening loud then a 24db slope is better. then low pass at 3500hz 24db. try the sub at 24db slope. a sharper cutoff for the sub will often sound better as the blend into midbass can cause sound issues. if you look at the lr curve you will see a bump in the lower frequencies before the drop. bw is more predictable. however use what you think sounds best to your ear.

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can try setting the drivers at 90hz high pass with a 24db slope. but sometimes a 12db slope will work better if you arent at max volume all the time. if you are listening loud then a 24db slope is better. then low pass at 3500hz 24db. try the sub at 24db slope. a sharper cutoff for the sub will often sound better as the blend into midbass can cause sound issues. if you look at the lr curve you will see a bump in the lower frequencies before the drop. bw is more predictable. however use what you think sounds best to your ear.
thanks will give those tips a shot . I have focal kx2 components up front ,would Audison thesis components be a substantial upgrade ,I know the price is lol .but I'm already 8000-9000 in anyways .

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks will give those tips a shot . I have focal kx2 components up front ,would Audison thesis components be a substantial upgrade ,I know the price is lol .but I'm already 8000-9000 in anyways .
not without changing the amp. i would use a high power class ab amplifier for those speakers. i use the mosconi as200.4 with the focal 165 wxp in my truck. the speaker may be able to reproduce the sound it is given, but the amplifier needs to convert the signal cleanly in order to maximize the benefits of upgraded speakers. check into the speakers and amps you want to make sure you get the sound you want, before purchasing. its a big investment

OP
OP
G

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok , yea my current amp is the audison 5.1k hd , I believe it’s 250 2 ohms , 140 4 ohms . Class ab , my tweeter Chanel is 75 watts class a , I’m running active fronts no rears .
not without changing the amp. i would use a high power class ab amplifier for those speakers. i use the mosconi as200.4 with the focal 165 wxp in my truck. the speaker may be able to reproduce the sound it is given, but the amplifier needs to convert the signal cleanly in order to maximize the benefits of upgraded speakers. check into the speakers and amps you want to make sure you get the sound you want, before purchasing. its a big investme

Last edited: