GEN 2 Rear speakers weak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its fords restrictions put in place that cause this. no matter what name is on the speaker grill they will all sound like crap. ford forces audio manufacturers to limit the output because they do not want to warranty speakers due to people turning up the volume too high and damaging speakers and then coming in for a replacement. all auto manufacturers do this, its just more present in ford and a couple other manufacturers

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its fords restrictions put in place that cause this. no matter what name is on the speaker grill they will all sound like crap. ford forces audio manufacturers to limit the output because they do not want to warranty speakers due to people turning up the volume too high and damaging speakers and then coming in for a replacement. all auto manufacturers do this, its just more present in ford and a couple other manufacturers

This is true, but the bias is more pronounced in the B&O than it was with the Sony and in many other Ford/factory systems. The rear speaker placement so low in the door doesn't help, either.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am gonna go back to my truck to see if mine are still low. i did the forscan option to change up the audio, and it has seemed louder since then. even my dealer was thinking it was as he brought my truck from the back one day and he was just sitting in the seat listening to it when he parked in front of me.

do the forscan option and you will a bit happier with it. set to 7 speaker with kicker..

cddawgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been looking to add Something to my B an O and I couldn't put my finger on t. THIS is exactly what I'm talking about. Without losing the B an O, is there anything that Can be done?

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
WHAT YEAR TRUCK DO YOU HAVE?....MY REAR SPEAKERS ARE WORTHLESS

I have a 2019 Raptor Supercrew. I'll say that with the speakers fade balanced with the settings that the front speakers are louder but when I fade to rear the rear speakers overpower the fronts at about 3 clicks to the rear.

And the the music is louder from the rear which is how I enjoy my sound.

The rears are plenty loud enough with this setting.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Raptor Supercrew. I'll say that with the speakers fade balanced with the settings that the front speakers are louder but when I fade to rear the rear speakers overpower the fronts at about 3 clicks to the rear.

And the the music is louder from the rear which is how I enjoy my sound.

The rears are plenty loud enough with this setting.

But do you have the B&O? Because that's what would be very different from what most folks have experienced.