Rear speakers ,low volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwkhd1

Reaction score
I was adjusting the stereo in my 2018 Raptor Supercab with 502 package .When I set the speakers to full rear, I had very low volume . Is this normal. My 2014 FX4 with Sony stereo seemed to have louder volume when set on rear only. I am going to take it to the dealer but I would like some info before I do .

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Same here. Fade has to be toward the front to get any decent volume, it seems. Keep us posted.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was adjusting the stereo in my 2018 Raptor Supercab with 502 package .When I set the speakers to full rear, I had very low volume . Is this normal. My 2014 FX4 with Sony stereo seemed to have louder volume when set on rear only. I am going to take it to the dealer but I would like some info before I do .
Same here need to get that kicker that goes under the rear seat !

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's normal...the bias is clearly to the front. Even with upgraded rear speakers, they still are not getting much love from the factory amp.

What are you expecting, though? They're placed so low in the door that they're not going to give much more than fill anyway. JMO.

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is correct, there is a bias towards the front. rear is totally under used.
and from what I was told by several installers was it's more of a filler for the front.

I have the 2018 Raptor with base radio 801 package. I added the Kicker SUBStage and yes base is much better, rear speakers are still not powerful enough for my liking.

I then added a cheap addon https://plugnplaykits.com/ which was a second PNP amp. definitely helped, radio is much louder but again not the B&) or sony so the clarity is not there. But I am much happier than before.

Ag Surfer

Reaction score
I think it normal. My kids are always asking me to turn up the radio from the back seat but its already loud a **** in the front.