Rear sliding glass defroster sensor fell off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drarhiii3

Reaction score
I searched and didn’t find much on this besides an old TSB for sensors not making contact on older F150s....but has anyone else had this problem with the sensor falling off? This truck has been a pavement queen(so far...no doubles or dunes) And I’m assuming this is the defroster element/sensor....please correct me if I’m wrong...regardless would love some input.

1626CC4B-A0A3-461A-B842-0C6B3A93C135.jpeg

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I suppose you could try something like this if you are intent on doing it yourself. If it was me, I'd probably take it to a reputable automotive glass repair shop. Then maybe to the dealer as a last resort. My guess is that the dealer will suggest replacement of the whole rear window.

1666375668825.png

pla748

Reaction score
I suppose you could try something like this if you are intent on doing it yourself. If it was me, I'd probably take it to a reputable automotive glass repair shop. Then maybe to the dealer as a last resort. My guess is that the dealer will suggest replacement of the whole rear window.

View attachment 376850
Thanks for your information. I will do some research later on this product. Yes, you’re right. I am really tired of going to dealership, that’s why I want to do DIY. Not because of the price, just want to same time and avoid hassles.

CLB

Reaction score
Thanks for your information. I will do some research later on this product. Yes, you’re right. I am really tired of going to dealership, that’s why I want to do DIY. Not because of the price, just want to same time and avoid hassles.
Did you ever get that piece reattached? Was just looking at a truck with the same thing de-attached.

pla748

Reaction score
Yes, that’s the piece mentioned in my post. Fortunately my car was still under warranty at that time, dealer changed whole rear window for me. Lol.

Tried glue listed in #7 reply, no luck.

I searched and didn’t find much on this besides an old TSB for sensors not making contact on older F150s....but has anyone else had this problem with the sensor falling off? This truck has been a pavement queen(so far...no doubles or dunes) And I’m assuming this is the defroster element/sensor....please correct me if I’m wrong...regardless would love some input.

View attachment 128553