Rear Seat USB Works When It Wants to - Front Sometimes Too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DetroitDevo

Reaction score
Hey All,

Hoping someone has an answer here. My 2018 Screw has some wonky things happening with the rear USB charging ports. Sometimes they will charge a phone or apple watch and sometimes (more than not) they do nothing.. I had this happen for a while with the front USB ports when connecting an iPhone. I would change cables to no effect. Then one day the fronts started working every single time, now the rears just come on occasionally. I can only find a single reference to the USB ports which is a 5A fuse in the engine panel and manual, it's not popped and I have cleaned the contacts and dielectric greased them to no repair. I have also read the forums and did the reset of the Sync system and still no joy. Today I can charge my apple watch but not my phone in the back, I take the phone and cable and plug it into the front and charges fine.