GEN 2 Rear seat storage options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CraigATX

Reaction score
Agreed. I found the drawer video posted above early on, its definitely an ideal solution. You might be able to run three if the middle one was run in-line with the center console/loss of foot area for middle passenger.

These cases do have a rubber gasket and advertise it to "prevent against water and dust damage". I'd gladly throw them in the bed / exposed to elements but probably wouldn't be putting anything inside them I wouldn't be ok with getting water/dust damage in the even the seal(s?) fail.

Good points. Just went out and measured... 6.5" clearance at the back of the seat before the storage bin...almost exactly. Right around 60" width to work with horizontally... time to get creative. lol. I really wanted to invest in the Milwaulkee Packout system instead, but I think it will stick out a little too far (2.3" additional)... What I'm thinking about is getting the complete system that has the rollers and larger box and setting it up so I can put the large bench seat down and the little bench seat up with the large roller perpendicular to the underseat cases. Could still haul 2 people that way and have a ton of modular/mobile storage.

So glad I came across this post - it's exactly what I needed instead of a drawer!

cubsalltheway

Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation as you with two car seats in the back. I saw this video posted on here a while ago and saved it to build it myself. Haven't gotten around to it yet but it would likely fit the bill for you as well!
Im was looking for something like this. 2 car seats def makes it tough to utilize the storage under the rear seats.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the brand that makes the drawers but they need to update their website:

Here's a site that carries it with pricing but I would check to see if they can get it seeing as Dee Zee's website doesn't have any updates: