GEN 2 Rear seat storage options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes_Sprad

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got a gen 2, and would like to put some kind of storage system under the rear seat. Problem is I have two kiddos so, raising the rear seat to get to a normal box doesn't seem functional, anybody know of something like a drawer system? Or any options really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a tough one then. I thought I saw a storage box once that folded down in the front which would be ideal but have not been able to find it since. I have the Oedro which is plastic and runs the length of the truck underneath but you need to be able to lift a seat. I only have one in a car seat now and the other one was in a booster and we made it work. Depending on how long you are til a booster for one of them - you might have to wait. Been looking at getting the Tuffy lately for the lockability.

CraigATX

Reaction score

CraigATX

Reaction score
I only run one of these. I would guess you could fit 2 Ridgid boxes
Got it. Thanks. That's a great find either way, just wish I could fit three versus building a drawer. You could always relocate the cases if you needed the cargo/floor space.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. Thanks. That's a great find either way, just wish I could fit three versus building a drawer. You could always relocate the cases if you needed the cargo/floor space.

Agreed. I found the drawer video posted above early on, its definitely an ideal solution. You might be able to run three if the middle one was run in-line with the center console/loss of foot area for middle passenger.

These cases do have a rubber gasket and advertise it to "prevent against water and dust damage". I'd gladly throw them in the bed / exposed to elements but probably wouldn't be putting anything inside them I wouldn't be ok with getting water/dust damage in the even the seal(s?) fail.