Rear Seat Release - New Product for GEN1 and GEN2

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much space is actually back there...to justify this mod?

"i'm just sayin".........

thanks in advance....

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a heads up to the gen 2's, if you have a subwoofer, that mostly fills up the drivers side and the passenger side has the jack stuff and already has a release.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received and installed mine and find it an excellent product.

Yes, this is a great product, but don't do what I did...

I keep my tow rope and jumper cables back there, and thought I could get a few more things on top of the rope & cables. So I stuffed more items higher up and "squished" them in...bad mistake. Under the pressure, neither side would release. After some effort I got one side released then the other. So don't overload behind the seats.

Big Potato

Reaction score
BuiltRight Industries Seat Release

There is no question that this is a very high quality product. I would equate it to Woodpecker tools. Very high level build and finish. I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who is considering. One caveat--I bought mine for our 17 Raptor with 801A and 802A. I see now why Ford didn't put a ******** that side. The area behind that seat is filled with electronics and the Sony sub-woofer. There is very little room there for storage without contacting important stuff--maybe a pack of gum. Keep that in mind for your application.

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up to the gen 2's, if you have a subwoofer, that mostly fills up the drivers side and the passenger side has the jack stuff and already has a release.

Agree almost worthless on a Gen 2 802A. There is no room behind the seat
I found out the hard way