Rear seat latch issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Armyraptor

Roush Raptor in Qatar
Reaction score
Haven’t found anything on this but my rear seat bottoms won’t latch down. I can lock the sides and it will hold down but still won’t latch. It will latch in the up position and release with the strap. Whenever it’s down they just flop both sides are that way. Any advice or what’s happening is appreciated.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven’t found anything on this but my rear seat bottoms won’t latch down. I can lock the sides and it will hold down but still won’t latch. It will latch in the up position and release with the strap. Whenever it’s down they just flop both sides are that way. Any advice or what’s happening is appreciated.
Mine does the same. I have to lock it to keep it down.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think they “latch“ when in the down position, which is fine with me cause its then a one handed operation to lift seat up and it locks there.

OP
OP
Armyraptor

Armyraptor

Roush Raptor in Qatar
Reaction score
I dont think they “latch“ when in the down position, which is fine with me cause its then a one handed operation to lift seat up and it locks there.
Ok I thought when I picked up at the dealer I needed to pull the strap to lift the seat bottom, but I could be completely wrong and remember incorrectly due to excitement of getting the truck.
I thought they would automatically latch down for when you wanted to lock stuff in the storage underneath instead of having to go to each side with a spare key

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
The rear seats for my 2019 Gen 2 will lock only in the up position... I honestly can't see the reason why they should also lock when they are down as gravity does a pretty good job on that. If the truck would start defying gravity... that would be a good subject for a different thread. :)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The rear seats for my 2019 Gen 2 will lock only in the up position... I honestly can't see the reason why they should also lock when they are down as gravity does a pretty good job on that. If the truck would start defying gravity... that would be a good subject for a different thread. :)

you need to send it more often, so the bouncing rear seat bottoms will bother you ;-)