Rear Seat Grounding Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a easily accessible grounding location behind the rear seats? Needing to power a Kendwood VHF radio that pulls about 13A. I have the positive run to the battery but would like a ground in the back to use the supplies harness. Tested the bolts mounting the equipment and scissor jack and all showed continuity with the battery. Just not sure if that’s ok to use.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a easily accessible grounding location behind the rear seats? Needing to power a Kendwood VHF radio that pulls about 13A. I have the positive run to the battery but would like a ground in the back to use the supplies harness. Tested the bolts mounting the equipment and scissor jack and all showed continuity with the battery. Just not sure if that’s ok to use.
check behind the rear seat by the seat latch on the back wall, there should be a factory ground on both sides.

cat1pro

Reaction score
I would love some help finding a line to tap in to use as a remote turn on for my amp and kicker keyloc