Rear passenger window stuck open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's the same issue as mine, it was the driver door master switch stuck on. If you have time just pull the front door panel and find that pin. My rear window works 100% - I just can't use the driver master switch now until the new part comes in.

Wish I would've known sooner instead of them messing and scratching up the rear door panel a bunch.
Thx,
i’ll give that a try when i get home after this great 4th of July weekend.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I went full Karen today after a couple of days of rain and my truck having to be parked outside. Called Ford Corporate to complain after the dealer said it will likely be 1st week of June to get the part (even though a regulator assembly with motor shows available on Ford Parts for just $30 more than the backordered regulator).

They agreed to get me in today to tape up the window. And guess what.. turns out it actually just needs a new driver switch as it was stuck in open position. They removed one of the pins as a temporary fix. This leads me to believe they probably never took the door panel off in the first place.

So window is finally closed after 2 weeks of driving it like this. Awesome experience with Ford dealers as usual.
Curiosity Question: Wouldn't the switch on the rear door work?

FASTnSPEEDY

Reaction score
Yes it but only after the driver master switch was cut. Before it wouldn’t do anything since it was constantly getting down power.
Was unplugging the switch at the door joint enough to do this? Had the same issue today with my read passenger window, rolled down and won’t go back up. I tried unplugging my driver door plugs and the rear passenger window still didn’t roll up from the rear passenger switch.

FASTnSPEEDY

Reaction score
Also, is this normal? Pulled off the door panel that wasn’t working to find ductape holding the window switch together.FA42FE9A-6483-4185-8E01-2185EE3AF82B.jpeg

OP
OP
NJ2020

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was unplugging the switch at the door joint enough to do this? Had the same issue today with my read passenger window, rolled down and won’t go back up. I tried unplugging my driver door plugs and the rear passenger window still didn’t roll up from the rear passenger switch.
I tried pulling the fuse for the driver door master switch and it didn’t fix it. The dealer pulled one of the pins in that connector and now it works (via rear switch). So I guess unplugging it does not work. I never pulled the driver panel so no idea exactly how they did it.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it but only after the driver master switch was cut. Before it wouldn’t do anything since it was constantly getting down power.
Update for you all - I got back and took to dealer, seems like they took driver panel off and suspect it is driver master switch. Now I'm waiting for parts. Backordered..... But dealer helped me get rear passenger closed and i got my truck back to drive around, and not sit for who knows when.