Rear passenger window stuck open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have this issue yet? I hear a click when I use the switches but nothing happens. Driver rear works fine so not a fuse. No binding when it went down and window isn’t obstructed. No auto up/down in rear so recent TSB doesn’t apply to it.

Couple posts on the Facebook pages have the same issue but no one ever updated the solution.

PIA when I can’t even get a callback from the dealer to schedule an appointment and they’re probably booked 2 weeks out. Golf clubs are free for the taking if you see it street parked.

OP
OP
NJ2020

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try it from both the master switch as well as the door switch?
Yes. Both click, but nothing. Someone of Facebook said they tried switching the rear switches and unplugged master and no fix, this was after motor replacement didn’t fix it. Odd the only cases I could find of this were passenger rear.

OP
OP
NJ2020

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always take the panel of and see if it unplugged from the motor or switch.

Planning to pop it tonight if the dealer tells me it’s two weeks out. Hearing it click when I try to go up leads me to believe it’s plugged in but might be stuck opening (since no click when I try to open). Feel like there’s gotta be some dumb module just stuck on.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Planning to pop it tonight if the dealer tells me it’s two weeks out. Hearing it click when I try to go up leads me to believe it’s plugged in but might be stuck opening (since no click when I try to open). Feel like there’s gotta be some dumb module just stuck on.
Yeah, I have no idea , but seen it’s pretty easy to pop the panel off and take a peek anyway. Wonder if you disconnect the battery for a few minutes if that would reset something. @FordTechOne is the expert, I’m just here for the popcorn and to learn the new tech.

Sassquatch

Reaction score
Had this same issue while on vacation in Florida. Thankfully found a dealership in Port Richey that was able to get me in that day. Ended up being a burnt out motor that they had to order. Took between 3-4 days after finally figuring out the issue. The Ford Escape loaner was rough.

OP
OP
NJ2020

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this same issue while on vacation in Florida. Thankfully found a dealership in Port Richey that was able to get me in that day. Ended up being a burnt out motor that they had to order. Took between 3-4 days after finally figuring out the issue. The Ford Escape loaner was rough.
Ugh, dealer can’t see me for 5 days. About to put a garbage bag over it and look real cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free