Rear passenger window stuck open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It happened to me on my GEN1. Try this: Physically pull the sliding window toward the closed position while someone hits the switch for you. Don't use a lot of force, just enough to get it to engage. It worked for me.

OP
OP
NJ2020

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pushed them to look at it and had me bring it to a Lincoln store, apparently needs a regulator. Part is on national back order and might be available next month. Told me they couldn’t get the window up and gave the keys back.

What a PIA.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pushed them to look at it and had me bring it to a Lincoln store, apparently needs a regulator. Part is on national back order and might be available next month. Told me they couldn’t get the window up and gave the keys back.

What a PIA.
you can get the window up if you really need to, but requires a bit of work.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What a PIA.
Take the door panel off and disconnect the glass frame from the regulator, slide the window up and stick a piece of wood cut to size in there to keep it in place. I've done that on other vehicles, can't be too hard on this gen either.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take the door panel off and disconnect the glass frame from the regulator, slide the window up and stick a piece of wood cut to size in there to keep it in place. I've done that on other vehicles, can't be too hard on this gen either.
Gonna need a full write up on this, @CoronaRaptor. I’m a visual learner and so will need pics as well. Kidding aside, great suggestion given the national back order wait time.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gonna need a full write up on this, @CoronaRaptor. I’m a visual learner and so will need pics as well. Kidding aside, great suggestion given the national back order wait time.
Well unless you don’t need to drive it?? I mean, it’s ridiculous what’s going on, you don’t want to leave your Raptor outside with just plastic over the window area. Idk, too bad you couldn’t get a free loaner or something. Your dealer should of put the window up for you, honestly. I mean, did they even take the panel off or just guess?

OP
OP
NJ2020

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m still hesitant it’s the regulator, but whatever. They said they couldn’t get the window up - doubt they tried too hard. Most recent loaner availability is in 3 weeks. Maybe they’ll have one available when they replace the regulator and find out the switch needs to be replaced and order that part with 2 week lead time..
82CBE8F0-B0B1-4C61-8206-6A94033D62FB.jpeg

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well unless you don’t need to drive it?? I mean, it’s ridiculous what’s going on, you don’t want to leave your Raptor outside with just plastic over the window area. Idk, too bad you couldn’t get a free loaner or something. Your dealer should of put the window up for you, honestly. I mean, did they even take the panel off or just guess?
I’m with you, man. Give me a band-aid before you send me packing, damn!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m still hesitant it’s the regulator, but whatever. They said they couldn’t get the window up - doubt they tried too hard. Most recent loaner availability is in 3 weeks. Maybe they’ll have one available when they replace the regulator and find out the switch needs to be replaced and order that part with 2 week lead time..
View attachment 354920
Don’t know your mechanical prowess but you could give @CoronaRaptor suggestion a try if you’re gonna be driving frequently which I imagine you are. Otherwise, you would’ve mentioned driving a second vehicle given they have no loaners available. Damn bro, gotta do what you gotta do!

OP
OP
NJ2020

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t know your mechanical prowess but you could give @CoronaRaptor suggestion a try if you’re gonna be driving frequently which I imagine you are. Otherwise, you would’ve mentioned driving a second vehicle given they have no loaners available. Damn bro, gotta do what you gotta do!
Pretty limited tools here but was able to remove the panel fairly easy. There was little room in there for the window assembly. All I was able to do was check the connector, pull the front driver switch fuse, and called it a day for TS. I don’t think I could remove the window with the tools I have. Also slammed this week for time.

Just sold our 2nd car too or else would’ve been an easier situation. Oh well could be way worse. Life is still good.