GEN 2 Rear Park Aid Volume adjustment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highpox1

Reaction score
(2019) Is there a way to tone down the volume level of the rear park aid beeper? That dang this is LOUD. If I am trying to back into a tighter space, such that it takes a minute, it gets very annoying, especially if there are folks in the back seat. They have all complained it's too loud. Yes I could shut it off using the steering wheel controls, but wanted to see if there is a way to lower the volume. If I knew where the speaker was, I could add insulation over the unit...thx.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not 100% sure on the Gen 2 trucks, but it's most likely fed into the audio system over the CAN bus, then played right through the speakers. It pretty much has to be part of that system to be able to lower the audio level when it activates. Unless it's accessible through Forscan, it's probably a fixed level as well. Just use the steering wheel control and turn it off, you know there's something back there once it activates- you really don't need to hear 100 more beeps as you get closer to it.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I programmed mine to only play through the cluster peizo. ForScan is your friend.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well...with an aftermarket stereo and the NAV TV unit...you can configure what volume and what speaker alerts play from.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to dig my notes out and go through them, I did it on both my '15 and my '18 raptor.
Thanks!

I looked at the spreadsheet again and found something that looked promising but don't want to brick the truck or double the volume by accident lol