Rear park aid stays on after soaking rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pienoe

Reaction score
My 2020 screw's leftmost rear park aid sensor stays on red with the alarm when in reverse after a long, heavy rain. This has happened several times in the year I've had it. Obviously, water is getting into a spot that it takes a while to get to. Normal, even heavy but short rains, like a thunderstorm, do not cause this.

At my regular service I had the dealer look into this. They soaked it with a hose for a good while but could not get it to repeat. The advisor said to bring it in right away when it happens again. Of course, the couple of times it's recurred since then were on weekends or at night.

Has anyone had this problem, have an idea where to look for the fault?

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened on my 2019 a few times. I think it happened when it was colder and usually after a car wash from what I remembered. Definitely didn’t do it often so I never took it in. Sold it a couple weeks ago so we’ll see if the 2021 does it.

Julian Rivera

Reaction score
happens to mine all the time. living in Oregon the rain doesn't stop in the winter so I just deal with it. I take a towel and wipe the sensors... seems to take care of things

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes,cold,rain ,overnight,after 30mn disappear but right for me.
very easy to open,2 screw.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snow, cold and wet can cause mine to do the same. Did it on my 15 lariat as well

moosebaby

Reaction score
Just happened to mine after a car wash and 25 degree weather.

Does it go away once the sensor is able to warm up?