Rear o2 sensors disable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KrautKabbage

Reaction score
How are people disabling the rear o2 sensors? I was told 5 star could do it, but I just got an email that my custom tune was denied because I requested that modification.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Feds have cracked down on emissions tampering over the past few years; I think you’ll find it difficult to find any company willing to disable the rear O2 sensor monitors anymore. The fines for emissions tampering are quite significant.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How are people disabling the rear o2 sensors? I was told 5 star could do it, but I just got an email that my custom tune was denied because I requested that modification.
My recommendation is to not disable the rear O2s.
Instead do the rear O2 spacers modification.
This will maintain all the safety stuff and still be able to pass OBDII state emission inspections.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what MTF said. By spark plug defauler. I got mine from Advance Auto. They are the same thread as the O2 sensor. Then use 1/2 inch drill and drill through the defauler enough for the O2 sensor to fit and thread in fully. Then install the defauler and then the O2 sensor. That pulls it out of exhaust stream enough that it won't sense what going on. I did this with Great success with a Subaru after hallowing out the catalytic converter when the catalytic converter grenaded itself and NOW NO MORE CODES appeared after.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What exactly does this disabling of the rear o2 sensor(S) do for you? Please advise, Thank you.
It's usually done for people who have removed their cats, have had their cats damaged, or have moved them far enough downstream they are no longer efficient.