Rear locker in 2h - possible to program in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Viking84

Viking84

Reaction score
Yeah its disappointing when you can't throw it around but when it happens unintentionally you'll be glad. It's saved me before.

I prefer to drive in the snow with the advanced Trax Off and as little electric nannies as possible.

For me it depends on my mood. We usually have 3-4 months of snow covered roads in a good winter. If I'm out for a drive for fun I have everything off, if it's 6am and I'm heading to work before my first cup of coffee I leave everything on ;) The systems can give me a warning if it is more slippery than I think it is which can be handy when my brain isn't working yet.

I like this guy already.....drifting a Raptor in the snow :head3: :head3: :head3:

I love snowdrifting Like regular drifting, but kinder to the tires, and you don't end up doing rediculous speeds at the end of the drift It's become so second nature now that my wife can tell when I'm setting the car/truck up for a drift with a little scandinavian flick on entry to a corner. Always makes her giggle. Seems I've got myself a good one - she also convinced me to get a Raptor instead of the Arctic Trucks Hilux with 37's I was actually planning on building.

OP
OP
Viking84

Viking84

Reaction score
I never felt the need to lock the rear and I have hooned pretty hard (80 mph drifts on ice)

Yeah I must admit now that I figured out I hadn't turned the AdvanceTrac off the truck behaves a lot better. I'm amazed how good it was at preventing a slide when I had just turned Traction Control off - it must be applying brakes to the outside rear wheel to keep the truck from letting go at the rear. I'm fascinated by vehicle systems like this, usually spend a fair bit of time with every car I own figuring out how they work in various situations.

That said, I would still have loved a "lockable torsen" diff in the rear. The two best snow-drift cars I've had (Toyota GT86 and a BMW 120d coupe with an aftermarket Quaife diff) have both had this style of limited slip and they work incredibly well.

Last edited:

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume the G3 is the same, but in G2 there is a way to lock the rear end in 2x4. I have a G1, so don't quote me, but I believe you do the 5-second press to turn off AdvanceTrac, then Baja mode (which puts it in 4x4), then switch it to 2x4. The exact process eludes me since I've never done it, but I know it is Baja mode then manually shifting back to 2x4.

I ALWAYS lock the rear and run 2x4 while off-road. Why wouldn't you.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I assume the G3 is the same, but in G2 there is a way to lock the rear end in 2x4. I have a G1, so don't quote me, but I believe you do the 5-second press to turn off AdvanceTrac, then Baja mode (which puts it in 4x4), then switch it to 2x4. The exact process eludes me since I've never done it, but I know it is Baja mode then manually shifting back to 2x4.

I ALWAYS lock the rear and run 2x4 while off-road. Why wouldn't you.
disengages the locker automatically once you exceed 20mph

the1russ

Reaction score
The Gen 1 locker does NOT disengage at 20 MPH as long as the Offroad mode is engaged. If offroad mode is not engaged, it turns off at 35 MPH. Is the Gen 2 and/or Gen 3 different?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Not as simple as programming but this is what you would want.

Kind of an old thread. But looking to see if anyone is running this module and how they like it. @Swarfworks is out of stock, so I sent my email for a notification once they have it.

Sometimes it's just fun doing hooligan chit in 2wd.